The School District of Menomonee Falls, Community Education & Recreation Department will use this blog to share information relative to upcoming events, classes, programs, workshops and seminars for people of all ages, from preschool to older adults. Jason Husslein, Recreation Supervisor, will post information and maintain this blog, along with contributions from other staff members. Residents are encouraged to e-mail questions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your questions may be answered in our blog.
The Menomonee Falls Community Education & Recreation Department Kids INC program is holding a Pet Supply / Food Drive February 26 - March 6.
Students enrolled in the Kids INC program are encouraged to ask friends, family members and teachers to donate new and slightly used pet supplies and equipment. Pet food is also needed. All items will be donated to the Human Animal Welfare Society of Waukesha County (HAWS).
Drop Off Sites
Drop off supplies at any of the four Kids INC sites between the hours of 6:30 to 8:30 AM or 3:30 to 6:00 PM. The Kids INC sites include:
Ben Franklin Basement
Shady Lane Cafeteria
Valley View Gym
Special Presentation of Supplies Collected
On Friday, March 6 representatives from HAWS along with some animal friends will visit the Ben Franklin and Riverside sites during the full day Kids INC program. At this time, students will present the donated items to HAWS.
HAWS "Wish List"
HAWS "Wish List" contains items they use on a daily basis to keep the shelter running smoothly. The top 4 items HAWS wishes for are underlined.
- CANNED AND DRY KITTEN FOOD
- KMR Formula - Kitten Milk Replacement
- Cat litter - clay
- Litter boxes - 8"x12"
- Electric Heating Pads (for kittens under 2 weeks of age)
- Canned puppy & dog food
- Large rawhides & pig ears
- Pup-peroni Brand Dog Treats
- Cotton or Nylon leashes for medium and large dogs (1" wide, 6' long)
- Limited slip/martingale collars
- PLEASE, NO DOG BISCUITS AT THIS TIME - WE CURRENTLY HAVE AN ADEQUATE SUPPLY!
- Grass Hay - such as Timothy or Orchard Grass
- Oxbow brand foods such as Bunny Basics T, Regal Rat, Cavy Cuisine
- Pelleted bird food for Cockatiels and Parakeets (Ex.: ZuPreem Fruitblend or Kaytee Rainbow Exact)
- Rodent (lab) blocks
- Paper based bedding/litter (Yesterday's News, Carefresh)
- Rabbit Toys
- Solid plastic free-standing exercise wheels - not metal
- Ferret Hammocks
- Sea grass squares, mats or entire rug (these can be purchased at Pier 1 and World Market)
- Fleece Blankets
- HAND SANITIZER
- CLOROX WIPES
- Dishwashing Detergent
- Laundry Detergent - WE'RE ALWAYS IN NEED OF THIS!
- Liquid Hand Soap
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Paper products - toilet paper, paper towels
- Scrubbing Sponge
- Gallon size Zip-lock bags and GLAD Press n Seal
- 6" Paper Plates
- White Copy Paper
- Colored Copy Paper
- Inkjet Printer Toner - HP 93 or 98 or compatible cartridges
- Garmin GPS Unit
- Gift Cards for national pet supply stores or national office suppliers