Menomonee Falls — Waukesha County Department of Public Works will begin reconstruction activities on County Trunk Highway VV, from Jackson Drive to Pilgrim Road in the village of Menomonee Falls. Construction involves replacing the existing two-lane road with a four-lane roadway between Jackson Drive and Pilgrim Road.
Highway VV (Silver Spring Drive) will be open to traffic on a combination of existing and temporary lane configurations with the exception of an anticipated three week closure beginning May 2 according to a news release from Waukesha County.
Drivers can expect delays through and around the construction zone. The speed limit will be also reduced to 25 miles per hour for the duration of construction.
Construction began Monday with work anticipated to be substantially completed and the new roadway fully open to traffic by mid-November.
James Peterson Sons of Sheboygan is the primary contractor. R.A. Smith National of Brookfield will perform construction management and inspection services.
For information, contact Ed Hinrichs, project manager with Waukesha County Department of Public Works, at (262) 548-7740.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stakeholders host public information meeting to discuss future of Germantown golf course land
- Falls police investigating armed bank robbery
- Overnight fire damages Menomonee Falls home
- Village adds acre to sewer service area
- Menomonee Falls Parkway, Megal Drive water main among notable 2013 projects
- Menomonee Falls manufacturer Ultra Tool plans expansion
- Kohl's to return $2M grant from Falls
- Germantown police investigating slew of overnight vehicle break-ins
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- Falls plans future of Woodland Prime after Kohl's backs out of development (3)