Underage man arrested for drinking, stealing dog's meds
Menomonee Falls - A 19-year-old Mequon man was arrested for underage drinking and drug possession after he walked up to a police officer to ask if his car was ticketed for illegal parking on April 21.
According to the police report, the suspect approached a Menomonee Falls police squad while the officer was doing parking enforcement to inquire if his vehicle parked on Ash Drive had been ticketed. The officer observed the suspect was obviously intoxicated, slurring his speech and stumbling. The officer gave the man a preliminary breath test which indicated his blood alcohol content was 0.14.
While the officer was patting down the suspect he found 22 prescription 50 mg tramadol pills in his pants pockets. The suspect admitted taking the painkilling drugs from a house that he was "hanging out at" in the W147 N6400 block of Ash Drive. The drugs the suspect stole turned out to be a prescription medication for a dog at the residence.
The man was taken into custody for underage drinking and possession of prescription medication, cited and released.
The owner of the dog chose not pursue theft charges.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: June 18
- Menomonee Falls multi-use pedestrian, bike trail moves forward
- Plans for new fire stations in Falls moves forward
- Menomonee Falls thief stocking up on high-end liquor
- Police Report: June 17
- Falls' Ryne Kickbush overcomes serious illness, works hard to graduate
- Falls stakeholders discuss ideas to maintain music programs
- Parents, school leaders dissect Falls music program
- Germantown, Falls districts dealing with more families having tough time making ends meet
- News & Notes: June 11