Police are seeking a 39-year-old woman for questioning in the theft of trust money and petty cash at an assisted living home in Menomonee Falls.
According to the police report:
The manager of Riverview Assisted Living, W176 N9430 River Crest Lane, called police to report the theft of money from 20 residents that occurred between April 5 and May 17.
The cash, which had been kept in a binder of folders, was trust money for 20 residents. An audit revealed 16 of the 20 folders were missing money totaling $1,082.
The company also learned that the suspect had cashed a company check for petty cash, but the money was never placed in the petty cash box.
The manager identified a 39-year-old employee, who had only been employed for approximately two months at the business.
Numerous phone calls to the suspect have gone unreturned, and the suspect is still in possession of a company cellphone.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls downtown hosts art walk, duck derby
- Menomonee Falls girl honoree of Arthritis Walk
- Menomonee Falls School District prepares for assessment changes at state level
- News & Notes: May 14
- Police Report: May 13
- Falls High School elects Best Buddies participant as prom king
- Germantown School Board narrows superintendent search to three
- Hamilton robotics team wins big
- Radisson under new management
- News & Notes: May 7