Menomonee Falls - A 54-year-old man was arrested for resisting after he tried, unsuccessfully, to walk away from officers three times after he was pulled over for drunken driving during the early morning hours of Sept. 1.
According to Menomonee Falls police:
An officer observed a white, cargo-style van that was driving westbound on Polk Drive suddenly stop and turn its headlights off in the eastbound lane near Jefferson Avenue shortly after 2:30 a.m. When the officer approached the vehicle and made contact with the driver, a 54-year-old Menomonee Falls man, he noticed the man had bloodshot, glassy eyes and smelled of alcohol.
During questioning the driver admitted to having one to three alcoholic drinks, then got out of his car and started to walk away from the traffic stop, ignoring the officer's multiple commands to stop.
When the suspect returned to the vehicle he refused field sobriety tests and tried to walk away again. After attempting to walk away a third time, the man was arrested by police for fourth offense drunken driving and resisting.
The suspect refused a blood draw at the hospital and was later released to a sober adult.
- Sports Authority out, other tenants to open soon within Whitestone Station in Menomonee Falls (2)
- Shorewest's Menomonee Falls Office breaks sales record
- Corey Golla to replace Gary Kiltz as Curriculum and Learning Director in Menomonee Falls schools
- Menomonee Falls Police Report, May 5, 2016
- The Falls Guy, May 5, 2016: Cruisin' down memory lane (1)
- Cozzini Bros. to move into Falls Commerce Center
- Getting to know Menomonee Falls Little League President Donald Patten
- Work on Pilgrim Road to begin in Menomonee Falls, will be temporary
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- My Fair Lady takes to the stage in Falls Patio Players production