Menomonee Falls - A 54-year-old man was arrested for resisting after he tried, unsuccessfully, to walk away from officers three times after he was pulled over for drunken driving during the early morning hours of Sept. 1.
According to Menomonee Falls police:
An officer observed a white, cargo-style van that was driving westbound on Polk Drive suddenly stop and turn its headlights off in the eastbound lane near Jefferson Avenue shortly after 2:30 a.m. When the officer approached the vehicle and made contact with the driver, a 54-year-old Menomonee Falls man, he noticed the man had bloodshot, glassy eyes and smelled of alcohol.
During questioning the driver admitted to having one to three alcoholic drinks, then got out of his car and started to walk away from the traffic stop, ignoring the officer's multiple commands to stop.
When the suspect returned to the vehicle he refused field sobriety tests and tried to walk away again. After attempting to walk away a third time, the man was arrested by police for fourth offense drunken driving and resisting.
The suspect refused a blood draw at the hospital and was later released to a sober adult.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- World War II, Korea vet Mathiak dies
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: July 2, 2015
- Civil War encampment and ice cream social at Old Falls Village
- Wheeling for Healing bike ride scheduled for Aug. 8 supports the Cancer Care Center
- Tornado Brewing opens location in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Comedian has eyes on a brighter future
- Menomonee Falls has a sweet way to remove hair
- Menomonee Falls water report now available online
- The Community league hosts their first ever garden tour in Menomonee Falls