Menomonee Falls - A 54-year-old man was arrested for resisting after he tried, unsuccessfully, to walk away from officers three times after he was pulled over for drunken driving during the early morning hours of Sept. 1.
According to Menomonee Falls police:
An officer observed a white, cargo-style van that was driving westbound on Polk Drive suddenly stop and turn its headlights off in the eastbound lane near Jefferson Avenue shortly after 2:30 a.m. When the officer approached the vehicle and made contact with the driver, a 54-year-old Menomonee Falls man, he noticed the man had bloodshot, glassy eyes and smelled of alcohol.
During questioning the driver admitted to having one to three alcoholic drinks, then got out of his car and started to walk away from the traffic stop, ignoring the officer's multiple commands to stop.
When the suspect returned to the vehicle he refused field sobriety tests and tried to walk away again. After attempting to walk away a third time, the man was arrested by police for fourth offense drunken driving and resisting.
The suspect refused a blood draw at the hospital and was later released to a sober adult.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fall leaf pickup slated to begin mid-October in the Falls
- Chipotle in Menomonee Falls to open next month, employees needed (1)
- Falls Guy, Oct. 8, 2015: Train-ing mission
- Tri-County Y nears first anniversary under Greater Waukesha umbrella
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Oct. 8, 2015
- Juvenile suspect apprehended by citizen after stealing vodka at Menomonee Falls Piggly Wiggly
- Reminder: responses needed to Falls School District Community Survey today, Oct. 5
- Robin's Nest to host Vera Bradley Ambassador Joan Bradley Reedy
- Menomonee Falls to consider allowing outdoor seating at Tornado Brewery
- Former professional fighter puts burglar in choke hold, keeps him knocked out until police arrive (1)