Senior housing moves forward
Development includes three-story facility, town homes and houses
Menomonee Falls - The Menomonee Falls Village Board on Monday approved a large senior housing development in the southwest corner of the village.
The Waterside Highlands multiple- and single-family planned residential development, located on the north side of Lisbon Road about a quarter-mile east of Lannon Road, was approved following a public hearing. There was no public comment during the hearing that centered on rezoning 73.8 acres of land from an agricultural district to a planned residential development district.
This zoning is consistent with zoning to the east of the property, said Community Development Director Matt Carran, and was approved by the Planning Commission last week.
Approval allows United Financial Group to proceed with plans to build a 180-unit development on the southern 30 acres of the land consisting of a senior housing facility, 16 town homes and 13 single-family homes, according to village documents. There will be six dwelling units per acre.
The senior housing facility is a three-story, 151-unit building that includes a 5,000-square-foot community center, media room, hearthside room, exercise and workout facility, library/computer room, and heated, underground parking.
Waterside Highlands will also feature 16 senior town homes with two bedrooms and two bathrooms ranging from 1,100 to 1,400 square feet.
Excluding the 13 single family lots, the development would generate approximately $191,000 of annual tax revenue for the village, according to documents.
Thomas and Sherry Wruck have been looking to develop 124 acres of their 147.6 acre property located north of Lisbon Road and west of One Mile Road in the southwest corner of the village.
According to documents, Fiduciary Real Estate is interested in the land located on the north side of Lisbon Road. While development has yet to occur, the village approved a planned development district June 15, 2009, allowing Fiduciary Real Estate the ability to construct 76 condominium units on 22.9 acres.
This development would have a density of 3.3 dwelling units per acre.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls High School adds Planton to music staff
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 28, 2015
- Menomonee Falls breathing clinic offers revolutionary dry salt treatments
- Old Falls Village Days set for weekend of May 30-31
- Bank of Memories and Flowers owner Melissa Maas wins award from Floral Association
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 21, 2015
- Menomonee Falls WWII veteran Lester Tews looks forward to Honor Flight
- First Bank Financial Centre of Menomonee Falls gives back to community
- Permit pulled, plans progress for demolition, reconstruction of North Hills Plaza
- Road construction season affects more than Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls