Senior housing moves forward
Development includes three-story facility, town homes and houses
Menomonee Falls - The Menomonee Falls Village Board on Monday approved a large senior housing development in the southwest corner of the village.
The Waterside Highlands multiple- and single-family planned residential development, located on the north side of Lisbon Road about a quarter-mile east of Lannon Road, was approved following a public hearing. There was no public comment during the hearing that centered on rezoning 73.8 acres of land from an agricultural district to a planned residential development district.
This zoning is consistent with zoning to the east of the property, said Community Development Director Matt Carran, and was approved by the Planning Commission last week.
Approval allows United Financial Group to proceed with plans to build a 180-unit development on the southern 30 acres of the land consisting of a senior housing facility, 16 town homes and 13 single-family homes, according to village documents. There will be six dwelling units per acre.
The senior housing facility is a three-story, 151-unit building that includes a 5,000-square-foot community center, media room, hearthside room, exercise and workout facility, library/computer room, and heated, underground parking.
Waterside Highlands will also feature 16 senior town homes with two bedrooms and two bathrooms ranging from 1,100 to 1,400 square feet.
Excluding the 13 single family lots, the development would generate approximately $191,000 of annual tax revenue for the village, according to documents.
Thomas and Sherry Wruck have been looking to develop 124 acres of their 147.6 acre property located north of Lisbon Road and west of One Mile Road in the southwest corner of the village.
According to documents, Fiduciary Real Estate is interested in the land located on the north side of Lisbon Road. While development has yet to occur, the village approved a planned development district June 15, 2009, allowing Fiduciary Real Estate the ability to construct 76 condominium units on 22.9 acres.
This development would have a density of 3.3 dwelling units per acre.
- Street festival to mark Memorial Day in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- The 'wurst' idea for the best summer
- Load your basket with these picnic tips
- Something for all us to scream about: Ice cream tips for a hot, hot summer
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Menomonee Falls North Middle School seventh-grader to compete at National Spelling Bee
- Overnight closure of Highway 45 at I-41/US 45 split
- "TJ Walkers" bid farewell to Thomas Jefferson as their winter walking destination (2)
- Menomonee Falls names Paul Tadda to plan commission (4)