Pick-pocketing incident captured on video
Menomonee Falls - Police are seeking a man who stole a wallet out of a women's purse at the County Line Road Pick 'n Save on Nov. 28 after the incident was captured on store video surveillance.
According to the Menomonee Falls police report:
The victim left her purse unattended in her grocery cart in the produce section at Pick 'n Save, N95 W18273 County Line Road, around 12:30 p.m. Shortly afterward, an unknown male was seen entering the produce section with a shopping cart, and in less than one minute he located the victim. Within five seconds the suspect unzipped her purse, removed her wallet, tucked it into his jacket and left the store.
The woman reported her wallet stolen to store personnel and police were called at 1:13 p.m. After contacting her bank and credit card company, the victim discovered the suspect used her credit card and bank card to make more than $2,500 of purchases at Target between 12:48 and 12:50 p.m.
The suspect is described as a five-feet, six-inches to five-feet, 10-inches tall male in his late 20s to mid-30s with a stocky build, and thinning short hair with a bald spot on top of his head. He was wearing eyeglasses, a black coat and dark trousers.
No outside video was available, so it was unknown what kind of vehicle the suspect was driving.
Police are following up with Target and the investigation is ongoing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Teachers using technology to aid special needs learning
- News & Notes: Dec. 10
- Menomonee Falls paves way for career paths
- Here's what seats are up for grabs in Falls, Germantown
- Butler man arrested for threatening former employer
- Police Report: Dec. 9
- One dead in rash of Sunday morning crashes in Menomonee Falls
- Stakeholders host public information meeting to discuss future of Germantown golf course land
- Falls police investigating armed bank robbery
- Overnight fire damages Menomonee Falls home