The Village of Germantown is seeking a new Park and Recreation Department Director after the Village Board on Monday announced the resignation of Director Brett Altergott.
Altergott has accepted new employment in Minnesota.
"It's really sad to see Brett go," said Village Manager David Schornack. "He's done an outstanding job here and we really wish him and his family the very best."
The Board approved advertising for the position on Monday; however, after a brief debate voted not to advertise the job with a salary range.
Trustees Terri Kaminski and Shane Daniels opposed the decision to not include salary in the advertisement. Kaminski said though it is common for private sector jobs to not include salary ranges, every public sector job advertisement does. The starting salary would have been advertised at $59,000 for someone with a bachelor's degree.
Trustee Al Vanderheiden opened the discussion of whether a salary range should be included, asking if someone without a bachelor's degree, who is right for the job, would be paid less than $59,000.
"If we get somebody that is interested and does not have a bachelor's degree, there is nothing that would preclude us at starting that person at a lower salary," Schornack said.
He said the position should be filled by May if not earlier and administration will begin discussions of implementing an interim director until someone is hired.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- CMH nurse receives honor from Blood Center of Wisconsin for going beyond the call of duty
- Rep. Brandtjen Introduces Foodshare Bill
- Falls Patio Players takes to the stage for weekend two of "Hairspray"
- Family members react to survival of Falls native in Everest avalanche following earthquake in Nepal
- Investigation: Family behind collapsed Falls building has a history of neglecting properties (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Apriil 30
- Falls board plans to move ahead with private property sewer lateral work
- Menomonee Falls Police report: April 30, 2015
- Falls police representatives invite public to chat over coffee (1)
- Germantown School Board could make decision about space needs at Rockfield Elementary School