The Village of Germantown is seeking a new Park and Recreation Department Director after the Village Board on Monday announced the resignation of Director Brett Altergott.
Altergott has accepted new employment in Minnesota.
"It's really sad to see Brett go," said Village Manager David Schornack. "He's done an outstanding job here and we really wish him and his family the very best."
The Board approved advertising for the position on Monday; however, after a brief debate voted not to advertise the job with a salary range.
Trustees Terri Kaminski and Shane Daniels opposed the decision to not include salary in the advertisement. Kaminski said though it is common for private sector jobs to not include salary ranges, every public sector job advertisement does. The starting salary would have been advertised at $59,000 for someone with a bachelor's degree.
Trustee Al Vanderheiden opened the discussion of whether a salary range should be included, asking if someone without a bachelor's degree, who is right for the job, would be paid less than $59,000.
"If we get somebody that is interested and does not have a bachelor's degree, there is nothing that would preclude us at starting that person at a lower salary," Schornack said.
He said the position should be filled by May if not earlier and administration will begin discussions of implementing an interim director until someone is hired.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man accused of trying to steal a car from his former employer
- New Berlin tax rate to stay flat due to increase in city's tax base
- Community Memorial Hospital, Washington County ready for potential Ebola outbreak
- Prince of Peace open house welcomes new pastor, features family activities
- Menomonee Falls board to review land-use amendment
- Two suspects in custody after armed robbery at Associated Bank
- Enrollment lower than expected in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: October 16, 2014
- Leaf Collection has begun in Menomonee Falls
- 'Good news' for water users in Menomonee Falls