Menomonee Falls - Village Board Trustee Steve Raymonds is running for re-election this spring.
Raymonds, 60, has served on the board since July 2009. He is a graduate of Marquette University and Marquette Law. He has lived in Menomonee Falls since 1978 with his wife and four children, who all graduated from Falls High School.
During his time in Menomonee Falls, he has served on the board of directors of the Menomonee Falls Chamber of Commerce, the Kiwanis Club, the Tri-County YMCA and the Menomonee Falls Little League, having been one of the original organizers of MFLL in 1990.
In addition, he has coached numerous sports for St. Anthony's parish and the Tri-County YMCA. Raymonds has taught CCD and confirmation classes for St. Anthony's and Good Shepherd parishes and accompanied youths on three out-of-state mission trips to help the less fortunate.
Before becoming a village trustee, Raymonds served on various committees of the Menomonee Falls School District, as well as on the village Plan Commission. He also organized and co-chaired the fundraising campaign to install lights at the high school soccer stadium.
Raymonds said he is running for re-election to continue giving back to his community.
"I am running to further my involvement and commitment to Menomonee Falls and to help lead the village as it continues to grow and evolve as a great place to live and work," he said.
Trustees serve three-year terms and receive $5,500 annually. The spring election is slated for April 2. If a primary is necessary, it will be Feb. 19.
By Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What to expect on a Menomonee Falls ballot
- Menomonee Falls Police report: April 2, 2015
- Menomonee Falls parents charged with child neglect after son reports sharing food with dogs (1)
- Falls Village Board President candidates say they each would bring different experience to the role
- Menomonee Falls district approves preliminary layoff notices, letter to legislators
- Temporary burn ban lifted for Waukesha County, Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 26, 2015
- Menomonee Falls family heads up local shoe drive for Dondo Amor
- Proposed bill would allow Germantown school district to start before Sept. 1
- Proposed bill would allow Menomonee Falls school district to start before Sept. 1