Menomonee Falls - Michael McDonald has declared his candidacy and plans to add three more years to his past 23 serving as a trustee on the Village Board.
McDonald, 62, was first elected to the board in 1990 and has served on the Plan Commission for the last 20 years. McDonald, who owns Express Dry Cleaning and Laundry in Menomonee Falls, said his goal when he was first elected was to provide a high quality, low density development mentality. He said this has led to the atmosphere and quality of life in Menomonee Falls.
"We've been able to incorporate a lot of dynamic development, which has been a contributing factor of Kohl's Corp. deciding to stay in Menomonee Falls," McDonald said.
Kohl's recently decided to remain in Menomonee Falls and build a corporate campus in the Woodland Prime Office Park.
"Being able to provide for that is extremely rewarding and I'm very proud of that," McDonald said.
His experience on the board, he said, will go a long way in continuing development in the tax incremental finance districts throughout the village, as well as development outside of the TIF districts. Helping new businesses and people come into the Menomonee Falls community, while respecting those who have lived in Falls a long time, is a balance McDonald said he will work to continue.
Trustees serve three-year terms and receive $5,500 annually. The spring election is slated for April 2. If a primary is necessary, it will be Feb. 19.
By Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown resident is the change she wants to see in the world
- Highway 41 crash victim identified
- Menomonee Avenue project delayed until August
- Menomonee Falls wedding destination celebrates renovation
- Country Meadows Elementary School Principal Gary Goelz promoted to assistant superintendent of the M
- Menomonee Falls children's book author promotes early emotional learning
- Menomonee Falls hospital celebrates 50 years
- Wauwatosa man dies in fatal Falls crash
- Menomonee Falls police urge residents to lock vehicles
- Three injured in Menomonee Falls accident expected to make full recoveries