Menomonee Falls - Menomonee Falls School Board member Scott Ternes wants to serve the School District for another three years.
Ternes, who has one child in Menomonee Falls High School and another who graduated in 2010, said there are a few reasons he is running for another three-year term.
With the amount of changes the district has been through in the past three years including a new superintendent, new executive leaders, a board change over and numerous changes at the state level, Ternes said he believes the district has never been in a better position for the future.
However, he said there are many changes still to come. These changes include new school report cards that measure student progress, state accountability changes, and the mandated move to the common core curriculum.
"I would like to continue to be a part of the board and ensure we keep prioritizing what needs to be done to support our strategic initiatives while improving results," Ternes said. "I bring strong critical thinking skills and 25 years of business/marketing and money-management experience to the board. I would like to have the privilege of continuing to serve the community for another term."
Falls School Board members are paid $5,000 annually.
- Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What's On Tap for April elections in Menomonee Falls, Germantown
- 7 things to do this December in Menomonee Falls and Germantown
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Dec. 3, 2015
- Falls Guy, Dec. 3, 2015: Finding some resolve
- Three to be added to Menomonee Falls High School Wall of Recognition
- Menomonee Falls High School alumna bikes 15,000 miles for charity
- Video: Students help break ground for Rockfield addition
- Getting to know Dennis Farrell
- Scion Dental awarded the management of 650,000 through Maryland Healthy Smiles program
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Nov. 26, 2015