Menomonee Falls - The city of Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls will share the cost of repaving 124th Street.
The $800,000 project will be split down the middle as the Menomonee Falls Village Board on Monday approved a cost share agreement with the city. The project calls for plans to repave 124th Street from Main Street/State Highway 100 to County Line Road.
"It's going to be a rather substantial resurfacing," Village Trustee Michael McDonald said. "For those of you who utilize the road to get to the land fill on the weekends, you'll know that road surface is in extremely poor disrepair and as a result it's desperately needed."
The $400,000 will come out of the village's 2013 capital budget. It will not come out of the standard road maintenance budget because "$400,000 could have a serious dent in the amount of moneys we have allocated, so staff will include this is in the 2013 capital budget," McDonald said.
The cost sharing between both municipalities is for all phases of the project including preliminary engineering, real estate acquisition, utility relocation, construction and construction engineering, as necessary.
In addition to repavement, the road surface will be expanded a couple feet on each side with the addition of gravel shoulders.
City paying for bridge work
Milwaukee is responsible for any culvert or bridge work. McDonald cited a need for a bridge on the south side of the project boundaries where a small stream is located. The village will bear no cost for the bridge.
Milwaukee has budgeted funds for the improvement of 124th Street from Brown Deer Road to County Line Road with plans scheduled to be completed in March 2013 and construction slated for the summer and fall, according to village documents.
- Danielle Switalski
- Street festival to mark Memorial Day in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- The 'wurst' idea for the best summer
- Load your basket with these picnic tips
- Something for all us to scream about: Ice cream tips for a hot, hot summer
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Menomonee Falls North Middle School seventh-grader to compete at National Spelling Bee
- Overnight closure of Highway 45 at I-41/US 45 split
- "TJ Walkers" bid farewell to Thomas Jefferson as their winter walking destination (2)
- Menomonee Falls names Paul Tadda to plan commission (4)