Menomonee Falls School Board Member Lori Blodorn will resign from the School Board within the next few weeks as she accepted the position of human resources manager within the School District.
Blodorn, whose Board seat is open in the spring election, will replace the current Human Resources Manager Ken Kuberka.
According to the District, Blodorn will officially start her new job in January.
The School Board will also decide in January how to handle the vacant seat. The Board can either appoint someone who would then have to run for election in April, or run with six members until the election.
More than 75 candidates were reviewed for the human resources manager position. A handful of candidates were interviewed, according to the District.
The hiring team was impressed with Blodorn's dedication, commitment and knowledge to the District.
"We are confident in Lori's ability to assist in the positive progression that the District has and continues to undertake in the human resources arena," said Director of Human Resources Christiane Standlee.
Blodorn holds a law degree from Boston College. She has worked for law firms in Colorado and Boston. She has served on the School Board since 2010, including serving on the Personnel Committee. Last April, she was selected as vice president of the School Board.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction to start on Highway 175 in Washington County
- Menomonee Falls Dance Team to compete in kick, jazz at state competition Feb. 6
- Menomonee Falls Comprehensive Plan complete, set for possible approval this spring
- Park plans include upgrades to Village Park, new park on southwest side in Menomonee Falls
- School District of Menomonee Falls to continue examining results of one-time Badger exam
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Menomonee Falls board to review plans for improvements to Village Park, new park on southwest side
- Students host "Red Out" game at Menomonee Falls High School (1)
- Ally's Bistro begins construction on expansion; slated to finish in June (1)
- School District of Menomonee Falls approves Sept. 1 start date