Two drivers were recently spotted racing out of Pick 'n Save's parking lot in an attempt to beat a siren-shrilling, horn-blasting fire engine approaching the lighted intersection.
Why did these two individuals think where they were going was more important than where the fire engine was going? I nastily wished it was their homes in flames.
Emergency equipment takes precedence over ordinary folk facing green lights. When did we become a nation of the ignorant, the rude, the self-centered, jeopardizing lives because we need to be first?
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police report: October 23, 2014
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 22 Voter's Guide
- Award-winning filmmaker to air film locally on Oct. 29
- Milwaukee man charged in armed robbery at Menomonee Falls Associated Bank
- Commercial development will be allowed at Falls gateway intersection
- Milwaukee man charged in armed robbery at Falls Associated Bank
- Man accused of trying to steal a car from his former employer
- New Berlin tax rate to stay flat due to increase in city's tax base
- Community Memorial Hospital, Washington County ready for potential Ebola outbreak
- Prince of Peace open house welcomes new pastor, features family activities