Menomonee Falls police urge residents to lock doors, windows in light of two burglaries
Menomonee Falls police are warning residents and business owners to watch for suspicious activities after two homes were broken into Sunday and Monday.
According to a news release from the Menomonee Falls Police Department:
In the evening on Sunday, on the W15700 block of Countryside Drive, a home was entered through an unlocked garage service door and a laptop was taken. The suspects also attempted to enter several other homes on Countryside Drive and Colony Road, but were deterred after the doors were found to be locked, according to the Menomonee Falls Police Department.
A second home was broken into on Monday evening on the N5522 block of Ridgewood Drive. Suspects entered into the condo through an unlocked bedroom window. Jewelry, cash and gift cards were taken. No one was home at the time of the burglaries.
Police urge residents to lock all windows and doors, especially when they are not at home.
"We understand this is a very safe community and our citizens do feel safe, but theft or burglaries are sometimes considered crimes of opportunity so when citizens leave their doors open like that, it's almost tempting the criminals to come in so we encourage them to lock their doors and windows especially when they aren't home," Police Chief Anna Ruzinski said in an interview Wednesday.
She also encourages residents to not leave valuables out in plain sight as burglars may also see that as an opportunity to run into the home, snatch the item and run out quickly.
There are no suspects at this time. Residents are encouraged to report suspicious activity to police.
The police department can be reached at (262) 532-8700.
- Cozzini Bros. to move into Falls Commerce Center
- Getting to know Menomonee Falls Little League President Donald Patten
- Work on Pilgrim Road to begin in Menomonee Falls, will be temporary
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- My Fair Lady takes to the stage in Falls Patio Players production
- Menomonee Falls' A Better Me wellness spa takes unique approach to relaxation
- The Falls Guy, April 21, 2016: Their field of dreams is ready to open
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 21, 2016
- Menomonee Falls High School FBLA team clinches state for the third year in a row
- Custom Data Too Mail to open in Falls Commerce Center in Menomonee Falls