The time is up for residents to file to run for open positions during the spring election for school boards and local municipalities.
Three terms on the Menomonee Falls Village Board will expire in April: seat four, currently held by Mike McDonald; seat five, held by Jeff Steliga; and seat six, held by Steve Raymonds.
All three incumbents are running once more. Real Estate Agent Bonnie Lemmer is running against Steliga for seat five. McDonald is contested by Jeremy Walz. Raymonds will run unopposed.
Village trustees serve three-year terms and receive $5,500 annually.
Three people are running for the three open seats up for election on the Menomonee Falls School Board. Incumbents Faith VanderHorst and Scott Ternes and Valley View Elementary Parent Teacher Association President Michele Divelbiss are running for the School Board seats.
School Board Member Lori Blodorn, whose seat expires in April, recently resigned from the board and accepted a position as human resources manager with the Menomonee Falls School District. The board at its Jan. 14 regular meeting will discuss what to do with the open seat from now until the April election.
School Board members are paid $5,000 annually and the president earns $5,500 per year. They serve three-year terms. The board will select its officers and assign committee members shortly after the April 2 election.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls opts not to offer new Chapter 220 seats, fewer open enrollment seats in 2015-16
- Menomonee Falls district doesn't change stance on the use of Common Core in reaction to Walker's off
- Man pleads not guilty to sexually assaulting a Menomonee Falls teenager
- Menomonee Falls Ponzi schemer strikes plea deal
- Ask Now: Too much goose use of Fox Brook Park?
- Kindergarten enrollment night set for Feb. 4
- Two suspects charged with passing fake $100 bills at Menomonee Falls Target
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Jan. 29, 2015
- Menomonee Falls district continues discussion on facilities options
- Two-day Menomonee Falls event to feature chili crawl, ice carving