A fire that broke out Wednesday afternoon in Menomonee Falls caused $150,000 in damages to a single-story, family residence.
Five people were inside the home at W1355 Mary Dale Drive when it caught fire. All made it out safely. A bystander was able to take the family into the car after they left the home.
The fire was started by a cooking appliance outside, which caught the outside of the house on fire before it quickly spread inside the house and up into the attic, said Menomonee Falls Fire Chief Jeff Hevey.
The Menomonee Falls Fire Department received the first call at 1:38 p.m. Multiple 911 calls came from an office building next door to the home, Hevey said.
The Fire Department was on scene at 1:41 p.m. and had the fire extinguished about an hour later.
The family is being cared for by the American Red Cross.
- Menomonee Falls Police Report, May 5, 2016
- The Falls Guy, May 5, 2016: Cruisin' down memory lane (1)
- Cozzini Bros. to move into Falls Commerce Center
- Getting to know Menomonee Falls Little League President Donald Patten
- Work on Pilgrim Road to begin in Menomonee Falls, will be temporary
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- My Fair Lady takes to the stage in Falls Patio Players production
- Menomonee Falls' A Better Me wellness spa takes unique approach to relaxation
- The Falls Guy, April 21, 2016: Their field of dreams is ready to open
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 21, 2016