One suspect arrested, others sought in burglaries
Menomonee Falls - A juvenile was arrested Sunday for the burglary of a home on Countryside Drive Dec. 30.
In the evening on Dec. 30 on the W15700 block of Countryside Drive, a home was entered through an unlocked garage service door and a laptop was taken. The homeowner's property has been recovered, according to the Menomonee Falls Police Department.
The juvenile is not responsible for the burglary of a home on the N5522 block of Ridgewood Drive Dec. 31, according to police. Suspects entered into the condo through an unlocked bedroom window. Jewelry, cash and gift cards were taken. No one was home at the time of the burglaries.
The suspects also attempted to enter several other homes on Countryside Drive and Colony Road, but were deterred after the doors were found to be locked, according to the police department.
Menomonee Falls police urge residents to lock all windows and doors, especially when they are not at home.
"We understand this is a very safe community and our citizens do feel safe, but theft or burglaries are sometimes considered crimes of opportunity so when citizens leave their doors open like that, it's almost tempting the criminals to come in so we encourage them to lock their doors and windows especially when they aren't home," Police Chief Anna Ruzinski said in an interview last week.
She also encourages residents to not leave valuables out in plain sight as burglars may also see that as an opportunity to run into the home, snatch the item and run out quickly.
Residents are encouraged to report suspicious activity to police.
The police department can be reached at (262) 532-8700.
Police investigating rash of counterfeit bills
Germantown - Police are seeking a subject(s) who passed counterfeit $100 bills at multiple Germantown businesses on New Year's Day.
Four businesses reported receiving a counterfeit $100 bill on Jan. 1: Walmart, W190 N9855 Appleton Ave.; Petco, N96 W18794 County Line Road; Michael's, N96 W18736 County Line Road; and Kentucky Fried Chicken, N96 W17860 County Line Road.
Police are following up with the businesses in an attempt to identify the suspect(s).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls Guy, Dec. 3, 2015: Finding some resolve
- Three to be added to Menomonee Falls High School Wall of Recognition
- Menomonee Falls High School alumna bikes 15,000 miles for charity
- Video: Students help break ground for Rockfield addition
- Getting to know Dennis Farrell
- Scion Dental awarded the management of 650,000 through Maryland Healthy Smiles program
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Nov. 26, 2015
- Shady Lane Elementary offers students buddy bench on playground
- Kohl's, Bartolotta team up to service Menomonee Falls corporate campus
- Alto-Shaam granted Patriot Award for support of employee in the National Guard