Menomonee Falls - A resident who became irate and spit on an officer after receiving a municipal citation for playing his music too loud is now facing a felony charge for assaulting an officer.
According to police:
Menomonee Falls police received an anonymous complaint about loud music at a home in N92 W16900 block of Roger Avenue at about 10:41 p.m. Jan. 7 and dispatched officers to the area. After hearing the music was too loud, police talked to the resident of the home, a 59-year-old man, who refused to turn the music down and was issued a municipal citation for loud and unnecessary noise.
Upon receiving the citation the man became irate and began yelling at the officers outside his home, causing a public disturbance. When officers arrested him for disorderly conduct and began the booking process, the man "intentionally spit on the officer," according to the report. He was then taken into custody and transported to the Waukesha County Jail.
In addition to the municipal citation, the man is now facing a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct and a felony charge of throwing and/or discharging bodily fluids at a public safety worker.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Director of Business Services for the School District of Menomonee Falls settling into new role
- School District of Menomonee Falls faces $1.1 million budget deficit in 2016-17
- Man guilty of sexually assaulting Menomonee Falls teenager forced into relationship with him
- Things To Do: Feb. 11, 2016
- Patio Players bring out the laughs in female 'Odd Couple'
- UPDATE: Nine crashes, 25 damaged vehicles reported in Feb. 9 crash on Highway 41 in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- School District of Menomonee Falls could lose administrative staff member Gary Kiltz to Greendale
- The Falls Guy, Feb. 11, 2016: Not quite Super
- Construction to start on Highway 175 in Washington County