Menomonee Falls - A resident who became irate and spit on an officer after receiving a municipal citation for playing his music too loud is now facing a felony charge for assaulting an officer.
According to police:
Menomonee Falls police received an anonymous complaint about loud music at a home in N92 W16900 block of Roger Avenue at about 10:41 p.m. Jan. 7 and dispatched officers to the area. After hearing the music was too loud, police talked to the resident of the home, a 59-year-old man, who refused to turn the music down and was issued a municipal citation for loud and unnecessary noise.
Upon receiving the citation the man became irate and began yelling at the officers outside his home, causing a public disturbance. When officers arrested him for disorderly conduct and began the booking process, the man "intentionally spit on the officer," according to the report. He was then taken into custody and transported to the Waukesha County Jail.
In addition to the municipal citation, the man is now facing a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct and a felony charge of throwing and/or discharging bodily fluids at a public safety worker.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man accused of trying to steal a car from his former employer
- New Berlin tax rate to stay flat due to increase in city's tax base
- Community Memorial Hospital, Washington County ready for potential Ebola outbreak
- Prince of Peace open house welcomes new pastor, features family activities
- Menomonee Falls board to review land-use amendment
- Two suspects in custody after armed robbery at Associated Bank
- Enrollment lower than expected in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: October 16, 2014
- Leaf Collection has begun in Menomonee Falls
- 'Good news' for water users in Menomonee Falls