Menomonee Falls - A resident who became irate and spit on an officer after receiving a municipal citation for playing his music too loud is now facing a felony charge for assaulting an officer.
According to police:
Menomonee Falls police received an anonymous complaint about loud music at a home in N92 W16900 block of Roger Avenue at about 10:41 p.m. Jan. 7 and dispatched officers to the area. After hearing the music was too loud, police talked to the resident of the home, a 59-year-old man, who refused to turn the music down and was issued a municipal citation for loud and unnecessary noise.
Upon receiving the citation the man became irate and began yelling at the officers outside his home, causing a public disturbance. When officers arrested him for disorderly conduct and began the booking process, the man "intentionally spit on the officer," according to the report. He was then taken into custody and transported to the Waukesha County Jail.
In addition to the municipal citation, the man is now facing a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct and a felony charge of throwing and/or discharging bodily fluids at a public safety worker.
- Menomonee Falls' Thomas Jefferson Middle School hosts one last hurrah before demolition
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: June 30, 2016 (3)
- Menomonee Falls Challengers put heart back into the ball game
- Falls Guy, June 30: A new member of the team
- Menomonee Falls to hold forum on East Main Street redevelopment
- Police continue search for suspect in indecent exposure incident in Menomonee Falls
- Tri-County YMCA plans improvements to Menomonee Falls facility, family programming
- Local woman to show off beautiful blooms in Garden Tour
- A (Cherry) Pit stop for Menomonee Falls recording studio
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, June 23, 2016