Menomonee Falls - Menomonee Falls Village Trustee Jeff Steliga is running for re-election after serving on the Village Board since 1994.
Steliga, 54, has served on various government committees including sewer, water, transportation, facilities and finance.
He is a self-employed certified public accountant/computer consultant, who has served as the Falls Fest Co-Chairman, currently serves as treasurer for the Menomonee Falls Historical Society board of directors, is a member of the Optimist Club and Knights of Columbus Council 4240 and is a volunteer coach for youth baseball and football.
"I am running again because I want to see the village continue to focus on the type of quality business development and expansion we've experienced in recent years such as the relocation of Actuant's headquarters and industrial facilities and Eaton Corporation's electrical engineering division to the Falls and the expansion of Kohl's headquarters and Wacker Neuson's manufacturing facilities," Steliga said.
He said the board must continue to seek ways to reduce the cost of village government. Similar to cuts experienced by people in the private sector and some areas of the public sector such as benefit and staff reductions, Steliga said they have also addressed staffing, salaries, benefits and implemented new ways of doing things to reduce costs in the village.
"We need to continue to manage costs, particularly with changes at the state level in terms of revenue caps for local governments, to ensure the future of our community," he said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Menomonee Falls enjoys another four days in a festive mood
- In Brief: July 30
- Wine added to Falls Fest lineup
- Menomonee Falls' DeCloux crowned Waukesha County's Fairest of the Fair
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: July 23, 2015
- Woodman's shoplifter pulls knife on employee
- Bank robbery suspect in custody
- 90-year-old Menomonee Falls woman celebrates birthday with gym staff
- Menomonee Falls considers updates to comprehensive plan