Falls leaves board seat vacant
Board president fills in as committee chair until spring
Menomonee Falls - The Menomonee Falls School Board voted to work with six board members until the spring election, a decision that came as a result of Lori Blodorn's resignation.
Blodorn resigned after accepting a position as human resource manager with the Menomonee Falls School District. School District policy allows the School Board to appoint someone to fill the vacancy until the next election or leave the position open, said Director of Technology and Assessment Jeff Nennig.
The board also had the option to schedule an election for vice president of the School Board, a position also held by Blodorn. They decided to elect a new vice president when all of the board positions are selected after the spring election. The board appoints its officers annually.
The process to fill a vacant board seat usually entails posting the position, seeing who is interested, followed by a School Board appointment. According to district policy, the position does not have to be posted; however, that is usually the protocol followed.
Since elections are less than three months away, the board decided to wait.
"I make a recommendation that we leave the School Board seat vacant since we're two to three months away from the election and let the public make the decision on filling that position," School Board President Ron Bertieri said.
Blodorn was also the chair of the Policy Committee.
Bertieri volunteered to take over as chair of the committee until April, which the board approved. All board committee chairs and members will be decided after the April 2 election.
There are three people running for the three open School Board seats. Incumbents Scott Ternes and Faith VanderHorst, and Michele Divelbiss, president of the Valley View Parent Teacher Association, are running.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County to hold public information meeting for work on Lilly Road in Menomonee Falls
- The "voice" of Menomonee Falls sports Jerry Mislang arrested, facing criminal charges (1)
- What residents in Southeast Wisconsin need to know to prevent the spread of Zika virus
- New Director of Business Services for the School District of Menomonee Falls settling into new role
- School District of Menomonee Falls faces $1.1 million budget deficit in 2016-17
- Man guilty of sexually assaulting Menomonee Falls teenager forced into relationship with him
- Things To Do: Feb. 11, 2016
- Patio Players bring out the laughs in female 'Odd Couple'
- UPDATE: Nine crashes, 25 damaged vehicles reported in Feb. 9 crash on Highway 41 in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016