Menomonee Falls police were called to a nursing home March 5 after one male resident allegedly pulled another from bed and attacked him using the victim's walker.
According to the police report:
Menomonee Falls police and fire department responded to an emergency service call at Northfield Manor, W128 N6900 Northfield Drive, at 7:15 p.m.
Paramedics treated and took an 82-year-old man to the hospital for treatment of cuts to his head following an altercation with another elderly male resident.
An investigation revealed that the elderly male resident went into the victim’s room unannounced, pulled him out of bed and onto the floor, then used the victim’s manual walker to strike him several times about the head and body.
Both the victim and the attacker suffer from memory-related illness and appeared to be unsure as to what happened and why they were in police contact.
Photos were taken to document the injuries and the location where the incident occurred and the victim’s guardian Power of Attorney was notified.
No prosecution was requested by either party.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Olive Garden backs out of Germantown development
- Falls, Germantown host Memorial Day events
- Flipping to the future: Teaching technique gains ground
- News & Notes: May 21
- Menomonee Falls approves pet boarding, retail business
- Police Report: May 20
- Amnesty Club hosts benefit for the Water Project
- Menomonee Falls downtown hosts art walk, duck derby
- Menomonee Falls girl honoree of Arthritis Walk
- Menomonee Falls School District prepares for assessment changes at state level