Menomonee Falls police were called to a nursing home March 5 after one male resident allegedly pulled another from bed and attacked him using the victim's walker.
According to the police report:
Menomonee Falls police and fire department responded to an emergency service call at Northfield Manor, W128 N6900 Northfield Drive, at 7:15 p.m.
Paramedics treated and took an 82-year-old man to the hospital for treatment of cuts to his head following an altercation with another elderly male resident.
An investigation revealed that the elderly male resident went into the victim’s room unannounced, pulled him out of bed and onto the floor, then used the victim’s manual walker to strike him several times about the head and body.
Both the victim and the attacker suffer from memory-related illness and appeared to be unsure as to what happened and why they were in police contact.
Photos were taken to document the injuries and the location where the incident occurred and the victim’s guardian Power of Attorney was notified.
No prosecution was requested by either party.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Teachers using technology to aid special needs learning
- News & Notes: Dec. 10
- Menomonee Falls paves way for career paths
- Here's what seats are up for grabs in Falls, Germantown
- Butler man arrested for threatening former employer
- Police Report: Dec. 9
- One dead in rash of Sunday morning crashes in Menomonee Falls
- Stakeholders host public information meeting to discuss future of Germantown golf course land
- Falls police investigating armed bank robbery
- Overnight fire damages Menomonee Falls home