Menomonee Falls police were called to a nursing home March 5 after one male resident allegedly pulled another from bed and attacked him using the victim's walker.
According to the police report:
Menomonee Falls police and fire department responded to an emergency service call at Northfield Manor, W128 N6900 Northfield Drive, at 7:15 p.m.
Paramedics treated and took an 82-year-old man to the hospital for treatment of cuts to his head following an altercation with another elderly male resident.
An investigation revealed that the elderly male resident went into the victim’s room unannounced, pulled him out of bed and onto the floor, then used the victim’s manual walker to strike him several times about the head and body.
Both the victim and the attacker suffer from memory-related illness and appeared to be unsure as to what happened and why they were in police contact.
Photos were taken to document the injuries and the location where the incident occurred and the victim’s guardian Power of Attorney was notified.
No prosecution was requested by either party.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: June 18
- Menomonee Falls multi-use pedestrian, bike trail moves forward
- Plans for new fire stations in Falls moves forward
- Menomonee Falls thief stocking up on high-end liquor
- Police Report: June 17
- Falls' Ryne Kickbush overcomes serious illness, works hard to graduate
- Falls stakeholders discuss ideas to maintain music programs
- Parents, school leaders dissect Falls music program
- Germantown, Falls districts dealing with more families having tough time making ends meet
- News & Notes: June 11