Menomonee Falls - A Menomonee Falls man was charged last week with trafficking a 17-year-old Janesville girl, holding her against her will, beating her and forcing her to have sex for money.
Marcus Smith-Reaves, 19, of Menomonee Falls and Julian Woodruff, 20, of Oak Creek were charged with trafficking of a child, human trafficking, soliciting a child for prostitution, pandering/pimping, endangering safety by use of a dangerous weapon and second-degree recklessly endangering safety, according to court documents released last week. Smith-Reaves is also charged with kidnapping, possession of a firearm by a felon, sexual intercourse with a child and physical abuse of a child.
They face a $100,000 fine and up to 40 years in prison.
According to the criminal complaint:
The 17-year-old victim went to a home in Milwaukee on Feb. 17 to see "Anthony," who invited her over. "Anthony" told her that "Marcus" was picking her up.
The next day, Smith-Reaves told the girl she was going to perform sexual acts for money and give him the money.
The victim told police Smith-Reaves pointed a gun at her head and said she could not leave the residence and he would kill her if she did not engage in acts of prostitution and give him the money.
On Feb. 19, Smith-Reaves drove the girl to a Milwaukee-apartment around 84th Street and Mill Road to have sex for money. The victim told police she did not engage in an act of prostitution with the man who called them to the apartment, though she did acquire $100 to give to Smith-Reaves. Woodruff was also present at the apartment and assisted in harboring the girl. Woodruff also had sex with her.
On Feb. 21, Smith-Reaves found out that she did not obtain any money for having sex with Woodruff. Smith-Reaves then beat the girl with a metal curtain rod. On Feb. 22, both men took the girl to another location in Milwaukee where Smith-Reaves had sex with the teen without her consent. She was afraid to say 'no.'
Both defendants then left the residence. When they returned, they confronted the victim, scared she would call the police and ripped her clothes off to check for a wire. The men then held her at gunpoint and forced her into a cold bathtub. They threatened to drown her, and held her head under water for several seconds, causing the girl to fear she might die.
Woodruff admitted to investigators that he transported the girl twice for purposes of prostitution then gave the proceeds to Smith-Reaves, who then gave a portion of the money to Woodruff.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County to hold public information meeting for work on Lilly Road in Menomonee Falls
- The "voice" of Menomonee Falls sports Jerry Mislang arrested, facing criminal charges (1)
- What residents in Southeast Wisconsin need to know to prevent the spread of Zika virus
- New Director of Business Services for the School District of Menomonee Falls settling into new role
- School District of Menomonee Falls faces $1.1 million budget deficit in 2016-17
- Man guilty of sexually assaulting Menomonee Falls teenager forced into relationship with him
- Things To Do: Feb. 11, 2016
- Patio Players bring out the laughs in female 'Odd Couple'
- UPDATE: Nine crashes, 25 damaged vehicles reported in Feb. 9 crash on Highway 41 in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016