Marijuana stuck to driver's license leads Falls police to arrest two for drug possession
Menomonee Falls police arrested two people for drug possession after police noticed that a large clump of marijuana was stuck to the face of one of the subjects’ driver’s license during a traffic stop on March 18.
According to the police report:
An officer who pulled a 1996 Chrysler Sebring for suspended registration on Appleton Avenue and Premier Lane at about 3:30 p.m. discovered the driver, an 18-year-old Milwaukee man, was driving on a suspended driver’s license.
The officer asked the driver for identification but he did not have any identification or driver’s license with him. After running a check on the driver the officer discovered he was driving with a suspended driver’s license.
The passenger, an 18-year-old Milwaukee woman, then handed her driver’s license to the officer, and the officer noticed a tightly packed “vegetable material” was stuck to its face, according to the report. The material looked and smelled like marijuana, and when questioned about the substance the woman gave her wallet to the officer which contained several more chunks of the same material.
After she was taken into custody for possession of marijuana, the driver also admitted having marijuana in a pill bottle in his pocket. Police recovered the bottle, which contained four packaged bundles of the same green, leafy material that later tested positive for THC.
He was arrested and cited for possession of marijuana, driving a vehicle with suspended registration and driving while suspended.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls on the Riverwalk seeks to replace former Associated Bank building with apartments (4)
- Menomonee Falls School District names new communications director
- Chicago duo face nine counts of credit card fraud after CVS purchases
- News & Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Former professional fighter takes Menomonee Falls-based business to next level
- Menomonee Falls world language department uses application, receives regional attention
- Menomonee Falls, Germantown among best places to live
- Menomonee Falls Business receives WIA People's Choice award
- Development voted down after petitioner cuts down 400 trees in Menomonee Falls (3)