Marijuana stuck to driver's license leads Falls police to arrest two for drug possession
Menomonee Falls police arrested two people for drug possession after police noticed that a large clump of marijuana was stuck to the face of one of the subjects’ driver’s license during a traffic stop on March 18.
According to the police report:
An officer who pulled a 1996 Chrysler Sebring for suspended registration on Appleton Avenue and Premier Lane at about 3:30 p.m. discovered the driver, an 18-year-old Milwaukee man, was driving on a suspended driver’s license.
The officer asked the driver for identification but he did not have any identification or driver’s license with him. After running a check on the driver the officer discovered he was driving with a suspended driver’s license.
The passenger, an 18-year-old Milwaukee woman, then handed her driver’s license to the officer, and the officer noticed a tightly packed “vegetable material” was stuck to its face, according to the report. The material looked and smelled like marijuana, and when questioned about the substance the woman gave her wallet to the officer which contained several more chunks of the same material.
After she was taken into custody for possession of marijuana, the driver also admitted having marijuana in a pill bottle in his pocket. Police recovered the bottle, which contained four packaged bundles of the same green, leafy material that later tested positive for THC.
He was arrested and cited for possession of marijuana, driving a vehicle with suspended registration and driving while suspended.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Memorial Hospital receives $100K donation from Kohl's for emergency department expansion
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Oct. 15, 2015
- Menomonee Falls eighth-grader scores 34 on ACT (1)
- Falls school board to review community survey results (1)
- Lane closures lifted at Highway 41/45 split in Washington County
- Tornado Brewery to feature outdoor seating, extended indoor hours
- Bomb squad reportedly called in to Menomonee Falls Post Office
- Fall leaf pickup slated to begin mid-October in the Falls
- Chipotle in Menomonee Falls to open next month, employees needed (2)
- Falls Guy, Oct. 8, 2015: Train-ing mission