Menomonee Falls - Police officers who responded to two separate reports of gunshots less than 24 hours apart arrested two residents for illegally discharging a firearm on April 7 and 8.
According to Menomonee Falls police:
Officers responded to the N49 W20800 block of Lisbon Road after a caller reported that someone was firing a shotgun on the rear porch of a residence at about 4:30 p.m. April 7.
When a records check of the residence showed the homeowner had multiple prior arrests for possessing a gun while intoxicated, the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department and Brookfield Police assisted officers by setting up a perimeter around the residence before police made contact with the resident.
Police ended up arresting the homeowner, a 56-year-old woman, for discharging a firearm in a prohibited location after she admitted shooting a long gun in her backyard.
At 1:30 p.m. April 8, police received a report of gunshots being fired at a residence in the N85 W17200 block of Roosevelt Drive. Police arrested the male homeowner after he admitted firing a 9mm gun in his backyard while he was intoxicated.
Police recovered the firearm, along with several spent and full 9mm ammunition rounds, and took the man into custody. Officers also confiscated the man's other weapons and are holding them for safekeeping.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports; Sept. 10, 2015
- Popular Menomonee Falls day care celebrates 40 years
- More changes in store for Pilgrim Road near Highway 41/45
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Sept. 3, 2015
- North Hills Plaza: Five months later
- School District of Menomonee Falls happy with ACT results
- Falls on the Riverwalk seeks to replace former Associated Bank building with apartments (10)
- Menomonee Falls School District names new communications director
- Chicago women charged with a combined nine counts of credit card fraud after CVS purchases
- News & Notes: Aug. 27, 2015