Police on Thursday investigated a bomb threat at North Middle School in Menomonee Falls after graffiti was found in a school restroom indicating the threat of a bomb on "Friday."
The Menomonee Falls Police Department was immediately notified and the school was searched after the bomb threat written in graffiti was discovered Thursday afternoon. No further threats were found, according to a School District letter sent to parents. A canine search was also conducted before students were allowed to enter into the building today. Police were also stationed at the school throughout the day to ensure student and staff safety.
Schools in surrounding areas have experienced similar incidents in the last few days, according to the letter. The district's letter also urged parents to educate their children about the seriousness of this type of implied threat.
- North Middle School students take time to honor heroes
- Community receives $30,000 in grants from Greater Menomonee Falls Foundation
- Lannon student plans to 'Stick it to Cancer'
- Yo Cool Frozen Yogurt in Menomonee Falls to donate proceeds to fight addiction
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: June 2, 2016
- The Falls Guy, June 2, 2016: Kohl's will accept this kind of Payne
- Farmers markets springing to life in Sussex, Butler, Menomonee Falls
- Old Falls Village Days set for June 4-5
- Street festival to mark Memorial Day in Menomonee Falls (1)
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: May 26, 2016