Germantown and Menomonee Falls Memorial Day events start at 10 a.m. Monday.
Germantown's Memorial Day ceremony begins at 10 a.m. with a visitation of six cemeteries in the village starting at Last Home Cemetery located on Pilgrim Road, just north of Mequon Road.
After visiting area cemeteries, the group arrives at 11 a.m. at the Veterans Memorial on the corner of Park Avenue and Freistadt Road. There will be a reading of the names of veterans who have been added to the memorial. A flag disposal service follows at the American Legion Post, W15932 Freistadt Road. The public is welcome to attend.
Menomonee Falls is hosting its annual parade at 10 a.m. starting at Harrison and Main streets. The parade travels west on Main to Grand Avenue and from Grand Avenue to Neu's Hardware on Richfield Way.
For information on the parade, call (262) 255-5125
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fall leaf pickup slated to begin mid-October in the Falls
- Chipotle in Menomonee Falls to open next month, employees needed (2)
- Falls Guy, Oct. 8, 2015: Train-ing mission
- Tri-County Y nears first anniversary under Greater Waukesha umbrella
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Oct. 8, 2015
- Juvenile suspect apprehended by citizen after stealing vodka at Menomonee Falls Piggly Wiggly
- Reminder: responses needed to Falls School District Community Survey today, Oct. 5
- Robin's Nest to host Vera Bradley Ambassador Joan Bradley Reedy
- Menomonee Falls to consider allowing outdoor seating at Tornado Brewery
- Former professional fighter puts burglar in choke hold, keeps him knocked out until police arrive (1)