Germantown and Menomonee Falls Memorial Day events start at 10 a.m. Monday.
Germantown's Memorial Day ceremony begins at 10 a.m. with a visitation of six cemeteries in the village starting at Last Home Cemetery located on Pilgrim Road, just north of Mequon Road.
After visiting area cemeteries, the group arrives at 11 a.m. at the Veterans Memorial on the corner of Park Avenue and Freistadt Road. There will be a reading of the names of veterans who have been added to the memorial. A flag disposal service follows at the American Legion Post, W15932 Freistadt Road. The public is welcome to attend.
Menomonee Falls is hosting its annual parade at 10 a.m. starting at Harrison and Main streets. The parade travels west on Main to Grand Avenue and from Grand Avenue to Neu's Hardware on Richfield Way.
For information on the parade, call (262) 255-5125
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls Village Board President candidates say they each would bring different experience to the role
- Menomonee Falls approves preliminary layoff notices, letter to legislators on proposed state budget
- Temporary burn ban lifted for Waukesha County, Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 26, 2015
- Menomonee Falls family heads up local shoe drive for Dondo Amor
- Proposed bill would allow Germantown school district to start prior to Sept. 1
- Proposed bill would allow Falls school district to start prior to Sept. 1
- Falls school board to review, approve layoff notices
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 19, 2015
- Falls-based Bradley Corporation recieves nod for wellness efforts