Germantown and Menomonee Falls Memorial Day events start at 10 a.m. Monday.
Germantown's Memorial Day ceremony begins at 10 a.m. with a visitation of six cemeteries in the village starting at Last Home Cemetery located on Pilgrim Road, just north of Mequon Road.
After visiting area cemeteries, the group arrives at 11 a.m. at the Veterans Memorial on the corner of Park Avenue and Freistadt Road. There will be a reading of the names of veterans who have been added to the memorial. A flag disposal service follows at the American Legion Post, W15932 Freistadt Road. The public is welcome to attend.
Menomonee Falls is hosting its annual parade at 10 a.m. starting at Harrison and Main streets. The parade travels west on Main to Grand Avenue and from Grand Avenue to Neu's Hardware on Richfield Way.
For information on the parade, call (262) 255-5125
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction to start on Highway 175 in Washington County
- Menomonee Falls Dance Team to compete in kick, jazz at state competition Feb. 6
- Menomonee Falls Comprehensive Plan complete, set for possible approval this spring
- Park plans include upgrades to Village Park, new park on southwest side in Menomonee Falls
- School District of Menomonee Falls to continue examining results of one-time Badger exam
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Menomonee Falls board to review plans for improvements to Village Park, new park on southwest side
- Students host "Red Out" game at Menomonee Falls High School (1)
- Ally's Bistro begins construction on expansion; slated to finish in June (1)
- School District of Menomonee Falls approves Sept. 1 start date