Germantown and Menomonee Falls Memorial Day events start at 10 a.m. Monday.
Germantown's Memorial Day ceremony begins at 10 a.m. with a visitation of six cemeteries in the village starting at Last Home Cemetery located on Pilgrim Road, just north of Mequon Road.
After visiting area cemeteries, the group arrives at 11 a.m. at the Veterans Memorial on the corner of Park Avenue and Freistadt Road. There will be a reading of the names of veterans who have been added to the memorial. A flag disposal service follows at the American Legion Post, W15932 Freistadt Road. The public is welcome to attend.
Menomonee Falls is hosting its annual parade at 10 a.m. starting at Harrison and Main streets. The parade travels west on Main to Grand Avenue and from Grand Avenue to Neu's Hardware on Richfield Way.
For information on the parade, call (262) 255-5125
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Three injured after police chase ends in Menomonee Falls
- Germantown resident is the change she wants to see in the world
- Highway 41 crash victim identified
- Menomonee Avenue project delayed until August
- Menomonee Falls wedding destination celebrates renovation
- Country Meadows Elementary School Principal Gary Goelz promoted to assistant superintendent of the M
- Menomonee Falls children's book author promotes early emotional learning
- Menomonee Falls hospital celebrates 50 years
- Wauwatosa man dies in fatal Falls crash
- Menomonee Falls police urge residents to lock vehicles