Menomonee Falls — It wouldn't be summer in Menomonee Falls without Falls Fest.
The four-day event slated for July 25 through July 28 at Village Park features live bands, a plethora of food options, and children's games and activities. Live bands — Rebel Grace, The Sweet Tarts, Chasin' Mason and Old Mil Reunion — will play at AJ's stage.
There will be karaoke every night in the family tent. Dave & Buster's is putting up a tent with adult games, raffles and a prize wheel throughout the fest. Other activities include a 19-hole miniature golf course, giant slide, skill games, a moon walk and youth baseball games.
Falls Fest kicks off July 25 with the annul Fire Department vs. Police Department softball game at 6:30 p.m. Kohl's Wild Theater will host a performance at 6:30 and 7:30 p.m. July 26. A silent auction is slated for July 27.
There will be pickleball demonstrations throughout the event, which is new this year, said Falls Fest Chairman Jeff Steliga. Just Kiln' Time, a new business in Menomonee Falls, is setting up shop at the fest so children can test their hand at the pottery wheel.
Falls Fest is run entirely by volunteers and has since it started 21 years ago.
"I think people really embrace this as their hometown party," Steliga said. "People really take ownership of it."
For years the festival has had a ripple effect throughout the community. Proceeds have gone to fund a variety of beneficial programs in Menomonee Falls. One year, Falls Fest proceeds funded new equipment for the Police Department. The profits helped fund the restoration of Miller Davidson House in Old Falls Village, as well park improvements including new picnic tables and garbage bins.
Falls Fest also supports local high school sports, including dance, football, soccer and cheerleading.
"We donate money to all sorts of things," Steliga said.
For information about the event, visit Falls-Fest.com.
— Danielle Switalski,
IF YOU GO
WHAT: Falls Fest
WHEN: 5 p.m. to midnight July 25 and 26; noon to midnight July 27 and 28
WHERE: Village Park, W16700 Garfield Drive
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kohl's announces holiday hiring plans
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 18, 2014
- Police searching for 2 men for armed robbery at Craigslist sale
- Menomonee Falls Village Board approves sale of Radisson Hotel
- Menomonee Falls High School student named National Merit Scholarship semifinalist
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 11, 2014
- Kohl's seeks to unload Woodland Prime building
- Trapped: An inside look at the effect of ALS on people, families and the community
- School district taxes remain flat for Menomonee Falls residents
- Menomonee Falls man dies in house fire