Rescue workers treat Falls
woman stabbed in Richfield
Menomonee Falls — Menomonee Falls Police and Fire Department rescue workers responded to a residence in the N85 W17200 block of Appleton Avenue after receiving a report of a woman with a stab wound at 10:40 a.m. July 12.
The woman stated she was walking her dog at the Richfield Nature Park in Washington County when she was confronted by an unknown male subject brandishing a knife.
The woman struggled with the subject to gain control of the knife and sustained several stab wounds on her hand during the incident. She was able to escape and drive to a residence on Appleton Avenue address where police were called.
A Menomonee Falls Fire Department ambulance transported the victim to Community Memorial Hospital, where she received treatment for several lacerations to her right hand.
A man was arrested for the attack and was taken into custody in Washington County, where the case is being investigated.
Man arrested for brandishing
gun near children
Germantown — A 48-year-old Germantown man was arrested after he allegedly pointed a gun at a group of young children on July 2.
Police responded to the N114 W15900 block of West Sylvan Circle at about 8:53 p.m. after a caller reported an older man pointed a handgun at a group of children and was yelling at them to leave his truck alone.
The caller stated she reported the incident after her son came home crying and told her a man had just pointed a gun and him and some of his friends.
When questioned by police, the suspect admitted yelling at several children he believed were "messing" with his truck. The suspect was unarmed when he was taken into custody and denied having a handgun or pointing it at the children.
Due to the testimony of multiple witnesses, the man was arrested for endangering safety by use of a dangerous weapon and disorderly conduct. Police are still investigating the incident and no charges have been filed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- CMH nurse receives honor from Blood Center of Wisconsin for going beyond the call of duty
- Rep. Brandtjen Introduces Foodshare Bill
- Falls Patio Players takes to the stage for weekend two of "Hairspray"
- Family members react to survival of Falls native in Everest avalanche following earthquake in Nepal
- Investigation: Family behind collapsed Falls building has a history of neglecting properties (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Apriil 30
- Falls board plans to move ahead with private property sewer lateral work
- Menomonee Falls Police report: April 30, 2015
- Falls police representatives invite public to chat over coffee (1)
- Germantown School Board could make decision about space needs at Rockfield Elementary School