A Menomonee Falls woman suffered minor injuries Thursday when a car struck the back tire of her bicycle on Main Street and Pilgrim Road, causing her to lose control of her bike.
Samantha Goetzke, 23, was crossing Main Street at about 3:45 p.m. Thursday when a car turned onto Pilgrim Road. Goetzke said her back tire was hit by the car and her front tire hit the curb, causing her shin to slam into the curb. The car, described by Menomonee Falls police as a gray hatchback, fled the scene. Police said the driver was a white female between the ages of 25 to 35.
"I saw her coming. I thought she would have stopped, but she didn't," Goetzke said.
She said the driver asked if she was OK. When Goetzke replied "no," the driver left the scene.
Goetzke, who bikes to work every day, said she has a large welt under her knee from where it struck the curb.
Anyone with information on the incident should call the Menomonee Falls Police Department at (262) 532-8700.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- World War II, Korea vet Mathiak dies
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: July 2, 2015
- Civil War encampment and ice cream social at Old Falls Village
- Wheeling for Healing bike ride scheduled for Aug. 8 supports the Cancer Care Center
- Tornado Brewing opens location in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Comedian has eyes on a brighter future
- Menomonee Falls has a sweet way to remove hair
- Menomonee Falls water report now available online
- The Community league hosts their first ever garden tour in Menomonee Falls