A Menomonee Falls woman suffered minor injuries Thursday when a car struck the back tire of her bicycle on Main Street and Pilgrim Road, causing her to lose control of her bike.
Samantha Goetzke, 23, was crossing Main Street at about 3:45 p.m. Thursday when a car turned onto Pilgrim Road. Goetzke said her back tire was hit by the car and her front tire hit the curb, causing her shin to slam into the curb. The car, described by Menomonee Falls police as a gray hatchback, fled the scene. Police said the driver was a white female between the ages of 25 to 35.
"I saw her coming. I thought she would have stopped, but she didn't," Goetzke said.
She said the driver asked if she was OK. When Goetzke replied "no," the driver left the scene.
Goetzke, who bikes to work every day, said she has a large welt under her knee from where it struck the curb.
Anyone with information on the incident should call the Menomonee Falls Police Department at (262) 532-8700.
- Cozzini Bros. to move into Falls Commerce Center
- Getting to know Menomonee Falls Little League President Donald Patten
- Work on Pilgrim Road to begin in Menomonee Falls, will be temporary
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- My Fair Lady takes to the stage in Falls Patio Players production
- Menomonee Falls' A Better Me wellness spa takes unique approach to relaxation
- The Falls Guy, April 21, 2016: Their field of dreams is ready to open
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 21, 2016
- Menomonee Falls High School FBLA team clinches state for the third year in a row
- Custom Data Too Mail to open in Falls Commerce Center in Menomonee Falls