A Menomonee Falls woman suffered minor injuries Thursday when a car struck the back tire of her bicycle on Main Street and Pilgrim Road, causing her to lose control of her bike.
Samantha Goetzke, 23, was crossing Main Street at about 3:45 p.m. Thursday when a car turned onto Pilgrim Road. Goetzke said her back tire was hit by the car and her front tire hit the curb, causing her shin to slam into the curb. The car, described by Menomonee Falls police as a gray hatchback, fled the scene. Police said the driver was a white female between the ages of 25 to 35.
"I saw her coming. I thought she would have stopped, but she didn't," Goetzke said.
She said the driver asked if she was OK. When Goetzke replied "no," the driver left the scene.
Goetzke, who bikes to work every day, said she has a large welt under her knee from where it struck the curb.
Anyone with information on the incident should call the Menomonee Falls Police Department at (262) 532-8700.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What to expect on a Menomonee Falls ballot
- Menomonee Falls Police report: April 2, 2015
- Menomonee Falls parents charged with child neglect after son reports sharing food with dogs
- Falls Village Board President candidates say they each would bring different experience to the role
- Menomonee Falls district approves preliminary layoff notices, letter to legislators
- Temporary burn ban lifted for Waukesha County, Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 26, 2015
- Menomonee Falls family heads up local shoe drive for Dondo Amor
- Proposed bill would allow Germantown school district to start before Sept. 1
- Proposed bill would allow Menomonee Falls school district to start before Sept. 1