A Menomonee Falls woman suffered minor injuries Thursday when a car struck the back tire of her bicycle on Main Street and Pilgrim Road, causing her to lose control of her bike.
Samantha Goetzke, 23, was crossing Main Street at about 3:45 p.m. Thursday when a car turned onto Pilgrim Road. Goetzke said her back tire was hit by the car and her front tire hit the curb, causing her shin to slam into the curb. The car, described by Menomonee Falls police as a gray hatchback, fled the scene. Police said the driver was a white female between the ages of 25 to 35.
"I saw her coming. I thought she would have stopped, but she didn't," Goetzke said.
She said the driver asked if she was OK. When Goetzke replied "no," the driver left the scene.
Goetzke, who bikes to work every day, said she has a large welt under her knee from where it struck the curb.
Anyone with information on the incident should call the Menomonee Falls Police Department at (262) 532-8700.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- U.S. Department of Labor fines local company more than $130,000 for violations, endangering employee
- Menomonee Falls Radisson Hotel is officially under new ownership
- Menomonee Falls Police report: October 23, 2014
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 22 Voter's Guide
- Award-winning filmmaker to air film locally on Oct. 29
- Milwaukee man charged in armed robbery at Menomonee Falls Associated Bank
- Commercial development will be allowed at Falls gateway intersection
- Milwaukee man charged in armed robbery at Falls Associated Bank
- Man accused of trying to steal a car from his former employer
- New Berlin tax rate to stay flat due to increase in city's tax base