All Menomonee Falls schools "exceed expectations," according to school district report cards that were released on Tuesday by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
All six district schools fell in the "exceeds expectations" category of DPI scoring. This is the second year the schools have fallen into this category. The Menomonee Falls School District scored 78.9 as a district on a scale of 0 to 100, 100 being the highest.
This is the second school year that the DPI has used a new rating system, which evaluates and issues report cards to Wisconsin public school districts. The scores are based on student performance on standardized tests, student growth over time on reading and math test scores, the ability of districts to close achievement gaps between lower and higher performing student groups, and student readiness for graduation and college. School and district report cards also factor in test participation rate, absenteeism and dropout rate.
Riverside Elementary scored the highest in the district with an 81. Riverside achieved a high rating in closing the gap when compared with other district elementary schools and the state average.
Ben Franklin scored the highest student achievement rating for the district's elementary schools. Shady Lane scored the highest level of student growth.
Continued emphasis on closing the gap at schools other than Riverside Elementary and improving student growth at North Middle School are areas the schools will focus on improving going forward, according to a news release from the Menomonee Falls School District.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Menomonee Falls enjoys another four days in a festive mood
- In Brief: July 30
- Wine added to Falls Fest lineup
- Menomonee Falls' DeCloux crowned Waukesha County's Fairest of the Fair
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: July 23, 2015
- Woodman's shoplifter pulls knife on employee
- Bank robbery suspect in custody
- 90-year-old Menomonee Falls woman celebrates birthday with gym staff
- Menomonee Falls considers updates to comprehensive plan