A Menomonee Falls man is facing multiple charges for leading police on a slow speed chase after an officer attempted to pull him over for an equipment violation on Sept. 25.
According to the police report:
An officer in a marked patrol squad attempted to pull the suspect's truck over for a nonworking left brake light and seatbelt violation on Rivercrest Road and Shady Lane at about 2:25 a.m. However, the suspect failed to stop and continued driving away from the officer.
The driver led the officer on a one-mile chase at speeds that never exceeded 27 miles per hour, and failed to stop at a red light on County Line Road and Richfield Way. During the chase, the driver was observed using his cellphone, which he later admitted using to call home in preparation to elude police.
When the suspect and officer arrived at a residence on County Line Road and Shady Lane, a high-risk traffic stop was conducted and the suspect was ordered to place his hands outside the truck door. When additional officers arrived on the scene, the suspect, a 21-year-old Menomoneee Falls man, was taken into custody.
The suspect freely admitted to the arresting officers that he had a marijuana joint and pipe in the center console of his truck, and the items were collected by police. The suspect also had no insurance, was driving with a revoked driving status which required an Ignition Interlock Device in his vehicle, and was found to have an outstanding warrant with Washington County for possession of a controlled substance.
He was arrested and cited for misdemeanor eluding, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and an ignition interlock device, and was transported to Waukesha County Jail.
- Farmers markets springing to life in Sussex, Butler, Menomonee Falls
- Old Falls Village Days set for June 4-5
- Street festival to mark Memorial Day in Menomonee Falls (1)
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- The 'wurst' idea for the best summer
- Load your basket with these picnic tips
- Something for all us to scream about: Ice cream tips for a hot, hot summer
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Menomonee Falls North Middle School seventh-grader to compete at National Spelling Bee
- Overnight closure of Highway 45 at I-41/US 45 split