Police investigating car break-ins at YMCA
Menomonee Falls — Police are investigating a rash of vehicle break-ins that occurred in a parking lot on Oct. 7.
The break-ins occurred during a one-half hour period, between 4:10 and 4:40 p.m., at the Menomonee Falls YMCA, N84 W17501 Menomonee Ave.
According to police, the suspect(s) broke windows on six vehicles in the parking lot and stole bags and purses containing personal items, including credit cards, driver's licenses, cellphones and other electronics.
There were no witnesses to the thefts and the suspects left no identifying evidence behind.
Police are working with the victims to obtain a complete list of stolen items and are also following up with any businesses where the stolen credit cards were used.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls police investigating armed bank robbery
- Overnight fire damages Menomonee Falls home
- Village adds acre to sewer service area
- Menomonee Falls Parkway, Megal Drive water main among notable 2013 projects
- Menomonee Falls manufacturer Ultra Tool plans expansion
- Kohl's to return $2M grant from Falls
- Germantown police investigating slew of overnight vehicle break-ins
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- Falls plans future of Woodland Prime after Kohl's backs out of development (2)
- News & Notes: Nov. 26