The Menomonee Falls Plan Commission on Thursday passed the preliminary plat for a subdivision dubbed Silver Spring Estates, located southeast of Town Line and Mill roads, bordering the Silver Spring Golf and Banquet Center.
The preliminary plat of the proposed subdivision includes 137 lots ranging in size from 11,700 square feet to 44,629 square feet. The average lot size in the subdivision is 17,931 square feet.
The 82-acre plot of land was once the site of Lied's Nursery. Developer Jim Forester and Point Real Estate plan to purchase the land from the nursery company for the development of 137 residential lots — 12 duplex lots and 126 single family homes. The development has an estimated value of $57.83 million, according to village documents.
On Sept. 3, the Village Board approved the Lied's Property Planned Residential Development district. Preliminary plats only need Plan Commission approval. The developer will now continue working on the project, and ultimately, bring back a final plat for approval by both the Plan Commission and Village Board, said Village Manager Mark Fitzgerald.
- Local woman to show off beautiful blooms in Garden Tour
- A (Cherry) Pit stop for Menomonee Falls recording studio
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Yellow bricks at Thomas Jefferson found to contain lead paint (2)
- Menomonee Falls man accused of inappropriately touching woman with dementia
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: June 16, 2016
- Vitale to take over as principal at Menomonee Falls High School
- Vitale named principal at Menomonee Falls High School
- Menomonee Falls students receive $66K in scholarships
- Menomonee Falls Public Library holds 'Food for Fines Week'