The Menomonee Falls Plan Commission on Thursday passed the preliminary plat for a subdivision dubbed Silver Spring Estates, located southeast of Town Line and Mill roads, bordering the Silver Spring Golf and Banquet Center.
The preliminary plat of the proposed subdivision includes 137 lots ranging in size from 11,700 square feet to 44,629 square feet. The average lot size in the subdivision is 17,931 square feet.
The 82-acre plot of land was once the site of Lied's Nursery. Developer Jim Forester and Point Real Estate plan to purchase the land from the nursery company for the development of 137 residential lots — 12 duplex lots and 126 single family homes. The development has an estimated value of $57.83 million, according to village documents.
On Sept. 3, the Village Board approved the Lied's Property Planned Residential Development district. Preliminary plats only need Plan Commission approval. The developer will now continue working on the project, and ultimately, bring back a final plat for approval by both the Plan Commission and Village Board, said Village Manager Mark Fitzgerald.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Old Falls Village Days set for weekend of May 30-31
- Bank of Memories and Flowers owner Melissa Maas wins award from Floral Association
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 21, 2015
- Menomonee Falls WWII veteran Lester Tews looks forward to Honor Flight
- First Bank Financial Centre of Menomonee Falls gives back to community
- Permit pulled, plans progress for demolition, reconstruction of North Hills Plaza
- Road construction season affects more than Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 14, 2015
- Brandtjen's May listening session to be held in the Falls on May 17
- Pilgrim Road Bridge demolition to happen in next few days, freeway to close