The Menomonee Falls Plan Commission on Thursday passed the preliminary plat for a subdivision dubbed Silver Spring Estates, located southeast of Town Line and Mill roads, bordering the Silver Spring Golf and Banquet Center.
The preliminary plat of the proposed subdivision includes 137 lots ranging in size from 11,700 square feet to 44,629 square feet. The average lot size in the subdivision is 17,931 square feet.
The 82-acre plot of land was once the site of Lied's Nursery. Developer Jim Forester and Point Real Estate plan to purchase the land from the nursery company for the development of 137 residential lots — 12 duplex lots and 126 single family homes. The development has an estimated value of $57.83 million, according to village documents.
On Sept. 3, the Village Board approved the Lied's Property Planned Residential Development district. Preliminary plats only need Plan Commission approval. The developer will now continue working on the project, and ultimately, bring back a final plat for approval by both the Plan Commission and Village Board, said Village Manager Mark Fitzgerald.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Two-day Menomonee Falls event to feature chili crawl, ice carving
- CMH accepting scholarship applications from Menomonee Falls-area students
- Costco earns approval from Menomonee Falls village officials
- Menomonee Falls could make decision on Costco plans tonight
- Menomonee Falls School Board approves 2015-16 legislative priorities
- Menomonee Falls to make alterations to Open Enrollment, Chapter 220
- Menomonee Falls man arrested for holding neighbor at gun point
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Jan. 15, 2015
- Talking all things Green Bay Packers with a Menomonee Falls icon
- Menomonee Falls brings closure to Advanced Waste issue