The Menomonee Falls Plan Commission on Thursday passed the preliminary plat for a subdivision dubbed Silver Spring Estates, located southeast of Town Line and Mill roads, bordering the Silver Spring Golf and Banquet Center.
The preliminary plat of the proposed subdivision includes 137 lots ranging in size from 11,700 square feet to 44,629 square feet. The average lot size in the subdivision is 17,931 square feet.
The 82-acre plot of land was once the site of Lied's Nursery. Developer Jim Forester and Point Real Estate plan to purchase the land from the nursery company for the development of 137 residential lots — 12 duplex lots and 126 single family homes. The development has an estimated value of $57.83 million, according to village documents.
On Sept. 3, the Village Board approved the Lied's Property Planned Residential Development district. Preliminary plats only need Plan Commission approval. The developer will now continue working on the project, and ultimately, bring back a final plat for approval by both the Plan Commission and Village Board, said Village Manager Mark Fitzgerald.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Aug. 6, 2015
- Tri-County YMCA day campers learn value of heroes
- Menomonee Falls police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Menomonee Falls enjoys another four days in a festive mood
- In Brief: July 30
- Wine added to Falls Fest lineup
- Menomonee Falls' DeCloux crowned Waukesha County's Fairest of the Fair
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: July 23, 2015
- Woodman's shoplifter pulls knife on employee
- Bank robbery suspect in custody