Menomonee Falls Police officers responding to a report that a man was repeatedly calling 911 and threatening to break into residences in the area of Oakwood Park because he was thirsty arrested a 26-year-old man after discovering he vandalized three Pepsi machines in an attempt to quench his thirst during the early morning hours of Nov. 5.
According to the police report:
Officers were dispatched to Oakwood Park, W143 N6889 Aspen Drive, after the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department reported receiving multiple 911 calls from a disorderly male subject at about 3:20 a.m. Nov. 5. The man was apparently calling 911 because he was thirsty, was using obscene language with dispatchers and was threatening to break into nearby residences to get something to drink.
When officers arrived at the park they noticed that three Pepsi machines were knocked over and damaged. The police report stated that the machines were not damaged less than an hour before the call.
The suspect, a 26-year-old Menomonee Falls man, was eventually located and was taken into custody for misuse of 911 by request of the sheriff's department.
After an investigation determined the man was also responsible for trying to break into the soda machines, Menomonee Falls police arrested and cited him for disorderly conduct and criminal damage to property.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video: Students help break ground for Rockfield addition
- Getting to know Dennis Farrell
- Scion Dental awarded the management of 650,000 through Maryland Healthy Smiles program
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Nov. 26, 2015
- Shady Lane Elementary offers students buddy bench on playground
- Kohl's, Bartolotta team up to service Menomonee Falls corporate campus
- Alto-Shaam granted Patriot Award for support of employee in the National Guard
- Social Haus proposal for Menomonee Falls moves forward with extended indoor, limited outdoor hours (2)
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Nov. 19, 2015
- Falls Guy, Nov. 19, 2015: It's time to turn the page