Menomonee Falls Police officers responding to a report that a man was repeatedly calling 911 and threatening to break into residences in the area of Oakwood Park because he was thirsty arrested a 26-year-old man after discovering he vandalized three Pepsi machines in an attempt to quench his thirst during the early morning hours of Nov. 5.
According to the police report:
Officers were dispatched to Oakwood Park, W143 N6889 Aspen Drive, after the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department reported receiving multiple 911 calls from a disorderly male subject at about 3:20 a.m. Nov. 5. The man was apparently calling 911 because he was thirsty, was using obscene language with dispatchers and was threatening to break into nearby residences to get something to drink.
When officers arrived at the park they noticed that three Pepsi machines were knocked over and damaged. The police report stated that the machines were not damaged less than an hour before the call.
The suspect, a 26-year-old Menomonee Falls man, was eventually located and was taken into custody for misuse of 911 by request of the sheriff's department.
After an investigation determined the man was also responsible for trying to break into the soda machines, Menomonee Falls police arrested and cited him for disorderly conduct and criminal damage to property.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction to start on Highway 175 in Washington County
- Menomonee Falls Dance Team to compete in kick, jazz at state competition Feb. 6
- Menomonee Falls Comprehensive Plan complete, set for possible approval this spring
- Park plans include upgrades to Village Park, new park on southwest side in Menomonee Falls
- School District of Menomonee Falls to continue examining results of one-time Badger exam
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Menomonee Falls board to review plans for improvements to Village Park, new park on southwest side
- Students host "Red Out" game at Menomonee Falls High School
- Ally's Bistro begins construction on expansion; slated to finish in June (1)
- School District of Menomonee Falls approves Sept. 1 start date