Loving husband, father, and grandfather; great public citizen, legendary high school football coach and all-around good person, Jim Jeskewitz passed away this morning.
Jeskewitz, who led the Menomonee Falls East football team to a WIAA State championship in 1976 and who went on to become a Falls village trustee, had been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer in summer that had invaded several organs.
Up until then, he had been a robust and active figure well into his 70s, always willing to lend a hand to anything that would benefit the village. He ran "Jess's Place" a specialty beer bar at Falls Fest every year and always had a friendly smile and a ready handshake for anyone who came by.
He leaves behind his loving family including wife Sue, the former state representative for this area, as well as his daughter Jayme, son Chad and several grandchildren who knew him as "Bumpa".
Services are pending.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown taxpayer raises questions about assessment process
- Menomonee Falls Police report: October 2, 2014
- Menomonee Falls employees, district to see slight increase to premiums
- Ben Franklin Elementary receives significant facility improvements
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Menomonee Falls students learn about medicine, themselves at Community Memorial Hospital
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 25, 2014
- Plans confirmed for modern industrial development in Menomonee Falls
- Small plane crashes in Lannon
- Kohl's announces holiday hiring plans