Loving husband, father, and grandfather; great public citizen, legendary high school football coach and all-around good person, Jim Jeskewitz passed away this morning.
Jeskewitz, who led the Menomonee Falls East football team to a WIAA State championship in 1976 and who went on to become a Falls village trustee, had been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer in summer that had invaded several organs.
Up until then, he had been a robust and active figure well into his 70s, always willing to lend a hand to anything that would benefit the village. He ran "Jess's Place" a specialty beer bar at Falls Fest every year and always had a friendly smile and a ready handshake for anyone who came by.
He leaves behind his loving family including wife Sue, the former state representative for this area, as well as his daughter Jayme, son Chad and several grandchildren who knew him as "Bumpa".
Services are pending.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 22 Voter's Guide
- Award-winning filmmaker to air film locally on Oct. 29
- Milwaukee man charged in armed robbery at Menomonee Falls Associated Bank
- Commercial development will be allowed at Falls gateway intersection
- Milwaukee man charged in armed robbery at Falls Associated Bank
- Man accused of trying to steal a car from his former employer
- New Berlin tax rate to stay flat due to increase in city's tax base
- Community Memorial Hospital, Washington County ready for potential Ebola outbreak
- Prince of Peace open house welcomes new pastor, features family activities
- Menomonee Falls board to review land-use amendment