Loving husband, father, and grandfather; great public citizen, legendary high school football coach and all-around good person, Jim Jeskewitz passed away this morning.
Jeskewitz, who led the Menomonee Falls East football team to a WIAA State championship in 1976 and who went on to become a Falls village trustee, had been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer in summer that had invaded several organs.
Up until then, he had been a robust and active figure well into his 70s, always willing to lend a hand to anything that would benefit the village. He ran "Jess's Place" a specialty beer bar at Falls Fest every year and always had a friendly smile and a ready handshake for anyone who came by.
He leaves behind his loving family including wife Sue, the former state representative for this area, as well as his daughter Jayme, son Chad and several grandchildren who knew him as "Bumpa".
Services are pending.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown resident is the change she wants to see in the world
- Highway 41 crash victim identified
- Menomonee Avenue project delayed until August
- Menomonee Falls wedding destination celebrates renovation
- Country Meadows Elementary School Principal Gary Goelz promoted to assistant superintendent of the M
- Menomonee Falls children's book author promotes early emotional learning
- Menomonee Falls hospital celebrates 50 years
- Wauwatosa man dies in fatal Falls crash
- Menomonee Falls police urge residents to lock vehicles
- Three injured in Menomonee Falls accident expected to make full recoveries