Loving husband, father, and grandfather; great public citizen, legendary high school football coach and all-around good person, Jim Jeskewitz passed away this morning.
Jeskewitz, who led the Menomonee Falls East football team to a WIAA State championship in 1976 and who went on to become a Falls village trustee, had been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer in summer that had invaded several organs.
Up until then, he had been a robust and active figure well into his 70s, always willing to lend a hand to anything that would benefit the village. He ran "Jess's Place" a specialty beer bar at Falls Fest every year and always had a friendly smile and a ready handshake for anyone who came by.
He leaves behind his loving family including wife Sue, the former state representative for this area, as well as his daughter Jayme, son Chad and several grandchildren who knew him as "Bumpa".
Services are pending.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction to begin on expanded emergency department at CMH in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls School Board takes steps to include two referendum questions on April 2016 ballot
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Feb. 26, 2015
- Menomonee Falls woman, local couples vacation with a cause
- Germantown dog doesn't win at Westminster but holds head high
- Damage to vacant Menomonee Falls school property estimated well over $10,000
- Vacant Menomonee Falls school property vandalized
- Falls School Board to discuss public involvement in development of facilities plans
- Muskego-Norway School District to move middle school start time back
- High School students from Menomonee Falls earn honorable mention in JA Business Challenge