Loving husband, father, and grandfather; great public citizen, legendary high school football coach and all-around good person, Jim Jeskewitz passed away this morning.
Jeskewitz, who led the Menomonee Falls East football team to a WIAA State championship in 1976 and who went on to become a Falls village trustee, had been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer in summer that had invaded several organs.
Up until then, he had been a robust and active figure well into his 70s, always willing to lend a hand to anything that would benefit the village. He ran "Jess's Place" a specialty beer bar at Falls Fest every year and always had a friendly smile and a ready handshake for anyone who came by.
He leaves behind his loving family including wife Sue, the former state representative for this area, as well as his daughter Jayme, son Chad and several grandchildren who knew him as "Bumpa".
Services are pending.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls Village Board President candidates say they each would bring different experience to the role
- Menomonee Falls approves preliminary layoff notices, letter to legislators on proposed state budget
- Temporary burn ban lifted for Waukesha County, Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 26, 2015
- Menomonee Falls family heads up local shoe drive for Dondo Amor
- Proposed bill would allow Germantown school district to start prior to Sept. 1
- Proposed bill would allow Falls school district to start prior to Sept. 1
- Falls school board to review, approve layoff notices
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 19, 2015
- Falls-based Bradley Corporation recieves nod for wellness efforts