Loving husband, father, and grandfather; great public citizen, legendary high school football coach and all-around good person, Jim Jeskewitz passed away this morning.
Jeskewitz, who led the Menomonee Falls East football team to a WIAA State championship in 1976 and who went on to become a Falls village trustee, had been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer in summer that had invaded several organs.
Up until then, he had been a robust and active figure well into his 70s, always willing to lend a hand to anything that would benefit the village. He ran "Jess's Place" a specialty beer bar at Falls Fest every year and always had a friendly smile and a ready handshake for anyone who came by.
He leaves behind his loving family including wife Sue, the former state representative for this area, as well as his daughter Jayme, son Chad and several grandchildren who knew him as "Bumpa".
Services are pending.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Pilgrim Road off-ramps in Menomonee Falls to close in both directions April 20
- Former Falls Village President Jefferson Davis loses son, has grandson within 36 hours
- Bus shelters coming to Bluemound Road in Brookfield
- Mother, daughter threatened at gunpoint in attempted carjacking outside JoAnn Fabrics in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: April 16, 2015
- Kohl's receives another nod from the Environmental Protection Agency
- Tazino's closes three locations, Menomonee Falls remains open
- One killed, firefighter injured in Germantown townhouse fire April 11 (1)
- Falls board to discuss final layoff notices, budget
- Falls business told it will take 'longer than anticipated' to fix collapsed building (1)