Loving husband, father, and grandfather; great public citizen, legendary high school football coach and all-around good person, Jim Jeskewitz passed away this morning.
Jeskewitz, who led the Menomonee Falls East football team to a WIAA State championship in 1976 and who went on to become a Falls village trustee, had been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer in summer that had invaded several organs.
Up until then, he had been a robust and active figure well into his 70s, always willing to lend a hand to anything that would benefit the village. He ran "Jess's Place" a specialty beer bar at Falls Fest every year and always had a friendly smile and a ready handshake for anyone who came by.
He leaves behind his loving family including wife Sue, the former state representative for this area, as well as his daughter Jayme, son Chad and several grandchildren who knew him as "Bumpa".
Services are pending.
- Hi-Five Video: Reporter Brittany Seemuth talks top stories in Menomonee Falls area
- FBI raids Menomonee Falls home
- Menomonee Falls' Thomas Jefferson Middle School hosts one last hurrah before demolition
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: June 30, 2016 (3)
- Menomonee Falls Challengers put heart back into the ball game
- Falls Guy, June 30: A new member of the team
- Menomonee Falls to hold forum on East Main Street redevelopment
- Police continue search for suspect in indecent exposure incident in Menomonee Falls
- Tri-County YMCA plans improvements to Menomonee Falls facility, family programming
- Local woman to show off beautiful blooms in Garden Tour