Loving husband, father, and grandfather; great public citizen, legendary high school football coach and all-around good person, Jim Jeskewitz passed away this morning.
Jeskewitz, who led the Menomonee Falls East football team to a WIAA State championship in 1976 and who went on to become a Falls village trustee, had been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer in summer that had invaded several organs.
Up until then, he had been a robust and active figure well into his 70s, always willing to lend a hand to anything that would benefit the village. He ran "Jess's Place" a specialty beer bar at Falls Fest every year and always had a friendly smile and a ready handshake for anyone who came by.
He leaves behind his loving family including wife Sue, the former state representative for this area, as well as his daughter Jayme, son Chad and several grandchildren who knew him as "Bumpa".
Services are pending.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- World War II, Korea vet Mathiak dies
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: July 2, 2015
- Civil War encampment and ice cream social at Old Falls Village
- Wheeling for Healing bike ride scheduled for Aug. 8 supports the Cancer Care Center
- Tornado Brewing opens location in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Comedian has eyes on a brighter future
- Menomonee Falls has a sweet way to remove hair
- Menomonee Falls water report now available online
- The Community league hosts their first ever garden tour in Menomonee Falls