Loving husband, father, and grandfather; great public citizen, legendary high school football coach and all-around good person, Jim Jeskewitz passed away this morning.
Jeskewitz, who led the Menomonee Falls East football team to a WIAA State championship in 1976 and who went on to become a Falls village trustee, had been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer in summer that had invaded several organs.
Up until then, he had been a robust and active figure well into his 70s, always willing to lend a hand to anything that would benefit the village. He ran "Jess's Place" a specialty beer bar at Falls Fest every year and always had a friendly smile and a ready handshake for anyone who came by.
He leaves behind his loving family including wife Sue, the former state representative for this area, as well as his daughter Jayme, son Chad and several grandchildren who knew him as "Bumpa".
Services are pending.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wisconsin's first Pirtek USA location to open in Menomonee Falls
- Newman will not seek third term as Menomonee Falls Village Board president
- Menomonee Falls School District's lobbying efforts likely to conclude in January
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Dec. 11, 2014
- Four to be added to Menomonee Falls High School Wall of Recognition
- Menomonee Falls' Village Centre features variety of new business offerings
- 'Uberdork' opens arms to Menomonee Falls community
- Community Memorial Hospital seeks approval for major improvements
- Pilgrim Road reconstruction begins, to be completed next year