Loving husband, father, and grandfather; great public citizen, legendary high school football coach and all-around good person, Jim Jeskewitz passed away this morning.
Jeskewitz, who led the Menomonee Falls East football team to a WIAA State championship in 1976 and who went on to become a Falls village trustee, had been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer in summer that had invaded several organs.
Up until then, he had been a robust and active figure well into his 70s, always willing to lend a hand to anything that would benefit the village. He ran "Jess's Place" a specialty beer bar at Falls Fest every year and always had a friendly smile and a ready handshake for anyone who came by.
He leaves behind his loving family including wife Sue, the former state representative for this area, as well as his daughter Jayme, son Chad and several grandchildren who knew him as "Bumpa".
Services are pending.
- Menomonee Falls Girl Scout aids in Central America's conservation efforts
- Two suspects apprehended in Menomonee Falls armed robbery (3)
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Major phase in Menomonee Falls' White Stone Station completed
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- The Falls Guy, July 28, 2016: A trip down memory lane
- Falls woman dreams of starting her own dessert bus
- Menomonee Falls man pleads guilty to homicide after killing bicyclist
- Wanakia Wildlife gives a bird's-eye view to Menomonee Falls Nature Camp kids
- Taste of Germantown event to raise funds for pavilion