Loving husband, father, and grandfather; great public citizen, legendary high school football coach and all-around good person, Jim Jeskewitz passed away this morning.
Jeskewitz, who led the Menomonee Falls East football team to a WIAA State championship in 1976 and who went on to become a Falls village trustee, had been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer in summer that had invaded several organs.
Up until then, he had been a robust and active figure well into his 70s, always willing to lend a hand to anything that would benefit the village. He ran "Jess's Place" a specialty beer bar at Falls Fest every year and always had a friendly smile and a ready handshake for anyone who came by.
He leaves behind his loving family including wife Sue, the former state representative for this area, as well as his daughter Jayme, son Chad and several grandchildren who knew him as "Bumpa".
Services are pending.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls High School adds Planton to music staff
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 28, 2015
- Menomonee Falls breathing clinic offers revolutionary dry salt treatments
- Old Falls Village Days set for weekend of May 30-31
- Bank of Memories and Flowers owner Melissa Maas wins award from Floral Association
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 21, 2015
- Menomonee Falls WWII veteran Lester Tews looks forward to Honor Flight
- First Bank Financial Centre of Menomonee Falls gives back to community
- Permit pulled, plans progress for demolition, reconstruction of North Hills Plaza
- Road construction season affects more than Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls