Loving husband, father, and grandfather; great public citizen, legendary high school football coach and all-around good person, Jim Jeskewitz passed away this morning.
Jeskewitz, who led the Menomonee Falls East football team to a WIAA State championship in 1976 and who went on to become a Falls village trustee, had been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer in summer that had invaded several organs.
Up until then, he had been a robust and active figure well into his 70s, always willing to lend a hand to anything that would benefit the village. He ran "Jess's Place" a specialty beer bar at Falls Fest every year and always had a friendly smile and a ready handshake for anyone who came by.
He leaves behind his loving family including wife Sue, the former state representative for this area, as well as his daughter Jayme, son Chad and several grandchildren who knew him as "Bumpa".
Services are pending.
- Street festival to mark Memorial Day in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- The 'wurst' idea for the best summer
- Load your basket with these picnic tips
- Something for all us to scream about: Ice cream tips for a hot, hot summer
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Menomonee Falls North Middle School seventh-grader to compete at National Spelling Bee
- Overnight closure of Highway 45 at I-41/US 45 split
- "TJ Walkers" bid farewell to Thomas Jefferson as their winter walking destination (2)
- Menomonee Falls names Paul Tadda to plan commission (4)