Loving husband, father, and grandfather; great public citizen, legendary high school football coach and all-around good person, Jim Jeskewitz passed away this morning.
Jeskewitz, who led the Menomonee Falls East football team to a WIAA State championship in 1976 and who went on to become a Falls village trustee, had been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer in summer that had invaded several organs.
Up until then, he had been a robust and active figure well into his 70s, always willing to lend a hand to anything that would benefit the village. He ran "Jess's Place" a specialty beer bar at Falls Fest every year and always had a friendly smile and a ready handshake for anyone who came by.
He leaves behind his loving family including wife Sue, the former state representative for this area, as well as his daughter Jayme, son Chad and several grandchildren who knew him as "Bumpa".
Services are pending.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Getting to know Milwaukee radio personality, Germantown High School alumna Jodi Becker
- Menomonee Falls art students earn 32 state awards
- Ninth annual Chilly Fest in Menomonee Falls heads mostly indoors Feb. 12, 13
- Menomonee Falls, Germantown law enforcement leaders talk trends in 2015, focus for 2016
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Jan. 21, 2016
- Falls Patio Players takes unique spin on "The Odd Couple," opening Feb. 5
- Walmart Neighborhood Market in Menomonee Falls set to close its doors by end of month (2)
- Brandtjen, Sensenbrenner to host listening session in Richfield
- Menomonee Falls scouts, Harley retirees assemble Valentine's Day care packages for veterans
- School district of Menomonee Falls to make decision on start date, likely will be Sept. 1