It was a somber start to the Menomonee Falls Village Board meeting Monday night as a moment of silence was called to honor longtime and beloved village trustee Jim Jeskewitz, who passed away on Sunday.
"This community was his family," Village President Randy Newman said. "He's been a friend to all of us."
Newman asked for a moment of silence to reflect on Jeskewitz' life and thank him for his services to the village. Jeskewitz, 74, was diagnosed with aggressive cancer over the summer that spread to multiple organs. The late Menomonee Falls football coaching legend also served on the county board and was the longest standing member on the current Village Board.
"He's done a lot for all of us and he's been a mentor to many of us," Newman said.
The visitation is slated for 4 to 9 p.m. Wednesday in the main gym of the high school. The public is welcome to attend.
- Farmers markets springing to life in Sussex, Butler, Menomonee Falls
- Old Falls Village Days set for June 4-5
- Street festival to mark Memorial Day in Menomonee Falls (1)
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- The 'wurst' idea for the best summer
- Load your basket with these picnic tips
- Something for all us to scream about: Ice cream tips for a hot, hot summer
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Menomonee Falls North Middle School seventh-grader to compete at National Spelling Bee
- Overnight closure of Highway 45 at I-41/US 45 split