It was a somber start to the Menomonee Falls Village Board meeting Monday night as a moment of silence was called to honor longtime and beloved village trustee Jim Jeskewitz, who passed away on Sunday.
"This community was his family," Village President Randy Newman said. "He's been a friend to all of us."
Newman asked for a moment of silence to reflect on Jeskewitz' life and thank him for his services to the village. Jeskewitz, 74, was diagnosed with aggressive cancer over the summer that spread to multiple organs. The late Menomonee Falls football coaching legend also served on the county board and was the longest standing member on the current Village Board.
"He's done a lot for all of us and he's been a mentor to many of us," Newman said.
The visitation is slated for 4 to 9 p.m. Wednesday in the main gym of the high school. The public is welcome to attend.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: July 9, 2015
- World War II, Korea vet Mathiak dies
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: July 2, 2015
- Civil War encampment and ice cream social at Old Falls Village
- Wheeling for Healing bike ride scheduled for Aug. 8 supports the Cancer Care Center
- Tornado Brewing opens location in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Comedian has eyes on a brighter future
- Menomonee Falls has a sweet way to remove hair
- Menomonee Falls water report now available online