It was a somber start to the Menomonee Falls Village Board meeting Monday night as a moment of silence was called to honor longtime and beloved village trustee Jim Jeskewitz, who passed away on Sunday.
"This community was his family," Village President Randy Newman said. "He's been a friend to all of us."
Newman asked for a moment of silence to reflect on Jeskewitz' life and thank him for his services to the village. Jeskewitz, 74, was diagnosed with aggressive cancer over the summer that spread to multiple organs. The late Menomonee Falls football coaching legend also served on the county board and was the longest standing member on the current Village Board.
"He's done a lot for all of us and he's been a mentor to many of us," Newman said.
The visitation is slated for 4 to 9 p.m. Wednesday in the main gym of the high school. The public is welcome to attend.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MMSD expansion prepares area near CMH in Menomonee Falls for future residential development
- Sussex man receives national award for cleaning house, building relationships
- Menomonee Falls opts not to offer new Chapter 220 seats, fewer open enrollment seats in 2015-16
- Menomonee Falls district doesn't change stance on use of Common Core
- Man pleads not guilty to sexually assaulting a Menomonee Falls teenager
- Menomonee Falls Ponzi schemer strikes plea deal
- Ask Now: Too much goose use of Fox Brook Park?
- Kindergarten enrollment night set for Feb. 4
- Two suspects charged with passing fake $100 bills at Menomonee Falls Target
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Jan. 29, 2015