It was a somber start to the Menomonee Falls Village Board meeting Monday night as a moment of silence was called to honor longtime and beloved village trustee Jim Jeskewitz, who passed away on Sunday.
"This community was his family," Village President Randy Newman said. "He's been a friend to all of us."
Newman asked for a moment of silence to reflect on Jeskewitz' life and thank him for his services to the village. Jeskewitz, 74, was diagnosed with aggressive cancer over the summer that spread to multiple organs. The late Menomonee Falls football coaching legend also served on the county board and was the longest standing member on the current Village Board.
"He's done a lot for all of us and he's been a mentor to many of us," Newman said.
The visitation is slated for 4 to 9 p.m. Wednesday in the main gym of the high school. The public is welcome to attend.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fall leaf pickup slated to begin mid-October in the Falls
- Chipotle in Menomonee Falls to open next month, employees needed (2)
- Falls Guy, Oct. 8, 2015: Train-ing mission
- Tri-County Y nears first anniversary under Greater Waukesha umbrella
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Oct. 8, 2015
- Juvenile suspect apprehended by citizen after stealing vodka at Menomonee Falls Piggly Wiggly
- Reminder: responses needed to Falls School District Community Survey today, Oct. 5
- Robin's Nest to host Vera Bradley Ambassador Joan Bradley Reedy
- Menomonee Falls to consider allowing outdoor seating at Tornado Brewery
- Former professional fighter puts burglar in choke hold, keeps him knocked out until police arrive (1)