It was a somber start to the Menomonee Falls Village Board meeting Monday night as a moment of silence was called to honor longtime and beloved village trustee Jim Jeskewitz, who passed away on Sunday.
"This community was his family," Village President Randy Newman said. "He's been a friend to all of us."
Newman asked for a moment of silence to reflect on Jeskewitz' life and thank him for his services to the village. Jeskewitz, 74, was diagnosed with aggressive cancer over the summer that spread to multiple organs. The late Menomonee Falls football coaching legend also served on the county board and was the longest standing member on the current Village Board.
"He's done a lot for all of us and he's been a mentor to many of us," Newman said.
The visitation is slated for 4 to 9 p.m. Wednesday in the main gym of the high school. The public is welcome to attend.
- Menomonee Falls Challengers put heart back into the ball game
- Falls Guy, June 30: A new member of the team
- Menomonee Falls to hold forum on East Main Street redevelopment
- Police continue search for suspect in indecent exposure incident in Menomonee Falls
- Tri-County YMCA plans improvements to Menomonee Falls facility, family programming
- Local woman to show off beautiful blooms in Garden Tour
- A (Cherry) Pit stop for Menomonee Falls recording studio
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Yellow bricks at Thomas Jefferson found to contain lead paint (2)
- Menomonee Falls man accused of inappropriately touching woman with dementia