· The driver of a 2000 tan Ford Taurus left without paying for about 12 gallons of gas at Speedway, N87 W17245 Main St., at 12:30 p.m. Nov. 9. The suspect, a male wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt with the hood pulled over his head, was last seen driving eastbound on Main Street. Police identified the owner of the vehicle and were following up with him at the time of the report.
· A resident reported that an employee of a moving company stole her son's replica Star Wars light saber while moving her belongings from the W132 N6200 block of Marach Road to her new residence in Greenfield between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Nov. 13.
· Three subjects were arrested for shoplifting clothing at Target, N95 W17707 Shady Lane, after they fled the store in a white, four-door vehicle and were pulled over by police at about 2:10 p.m. Nov. 18. Two of the subjects were also arrested and taken into custody for possession of heroin and probation violations, and one of the subjects was cited for possession of marijuana.
· Three unknown subjects shoplifted about eight bags of merchandise at Woodman's, W124 N8145 Highway 145, between 5:35 and 6:17 p.m. Nov. 19. The suspects feigned using the self-checkout to bag the groceries, and then left the store without paying.
· Three male subjects were arrested for aggravated assault after a fight at Village Bowl, N86 W18330 Main St., at about 1:15 a.m. Nov. 17. According to police, two of the men met a group of males while bowling and due to the subjects being drunk and racial slurs being exchanged, a fight broke out between them. One of the subjects was transported to Community Memorial Hospital for injuries to his face. At the time of the report, police were still seeking three or four males who fled the scene.
· A woman was arrested for drunken driving, second offense, after police found her vehicle in a ditch in the N92 W20200 block of Fox View Court at 11:15 p.m. Nov. 21. She failed field sobriety testing, and her preliminary blood alcohol content was not available at the time of the report.
· A 34-year-old woman was arrested for drugged driving after she was seen driving on the wrong side of the road while driving northbound on Town Line Road from Silver Spring Drive, and then drove her vehicle off the road in the 6100 block of Town Line Road at about 10:40 a.m. Nov. 13. The suspect admitted taking three to four prescription medications before driving. She was taken to the hospital for a legal blood draw, the results of which were unavailable.
· An employee at Kohls, N95 W18000 Appleton Ave., called police after a customer found a small, pink metal vial lying on the floor in the shoe department at Kohls, N95 W18000 Appleton Ave., and turned it over to customer service at about 5:40 p.m. Nov. 17. The employee opened the vial and found it contained a small plastic bag filled with a white powdery substance and called police. The responding officer took possession of the vial and the substance, which tested positive for cocaine. Police were seeking to locate the owner through a drugstore rewards card that was attached to the vial.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: April 7
- Police Report: April 3
- Police Report: March 17
- Police Report: March 10
- Police report: March 3
- Police report; Feb. 24
- Police report: Feb. 17
- Police report: Feb. 10
- Police report: Feb. 3
- Police report: Jan. 27
- Police report: Jan. 20
- Police report: Jan. 13
- Police Report: Jan. 6
- Police report: Dec. 27
- Police Report: Dec. 20
- Police report: Dec. 16
- Police Report: Dec. 9
- Police Report: Dec. 2