Germantown police are investigating a slew of break-ins that occurred Sunday night and early Monday morning.
The break-ins and attempted break-ins occurred on Vienna Court, Sylvan Circle and in a parking lot on Knight Drive. A village resident called police Monday, reporting that three subjects were attempting to gain entry into vehicles that parked in a lot on Knight Drive. The suspects were wearing hooded sweatshirts and fled in a silver vehicle southbound on Squire Drive after police were called to the scene. Police have been unable to locate the vehicle, Germantown Police Chief Peter Hoell said.
A resident reported stereo equipment was taken from his vehicle that was parked in an underground, secure parking garage on Vienna Court sometime overnight. Another resident also reported that his vehicle parked on Vienna Court was broken into in the evening hours of Dec. 1. That resident's subwoofer was taken from his trunk, Hoell said.
A fourth report filed says a resident's vehicle was broken into on Sylvan Court sometime overnight Dec. 1 into Dec. 2. A stereo and subwoofers were taken.
Any suspicious activity should be reported to police immediately. Hoell said residents should make sure their doors are locked and valuables are removed from the vehicles.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls losing experienced leaders
- Germantown police warn man for brandishing switchblade at stop light
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Falls to begin short-term fix of Menomonee Avenue
- Falls board approves building two new fire stations
- ChemWorks plan called objectionable by Falls commission
- Teacher pay ranges established
- Sharing life's sweet moments
- Community Calendar: April 10