· An employee called police to report a woman shoplifted an undisclosed amount of merchandise at Best Buy, N95 W16855 Richfield Way, at about 10 p.m. Dec. 18. The employee was able to identify the suspect as a 38-year-old West Allis woman due to a prior purchase she had made minutes before the shoplifting incident.
· An unknown male subject shoplifted a compact disk at Best Buy, N95 W16855 Richfield Way, after he initially attempted to exchange a compact disk for the one that was stolen, then left the store with both disks between 6:35 and 6:55 p.m. Dec. 20. The suspect is described as a male between 25 and 30 years old.
· A 23-year-old man was arrested for felony shoplifting and a 38-year-old man was arrested for felony shoplifting, obstructing/resisting an officer, and for having valid warrants through the Racine County Sheriff's Department and Probation and Parole after they were caught stealing an undisclosed amount of merchandise at Kohl's, N95 W18000 Appleton Ave., at about 9:20 p.m. Dec. 21. Police also discovered the suspects were driving a stolen vehicle and additional charges were pending at the time of the report.
· An unknown woman shoplifted two toy cars at Woodman's, W124 N8145 Highway 145, at 1:15 p.m. Dec. 23. The incident was captured on video surveillance and police were following up at the time of the report.
· An unknown man who shoplifted a winter jacket at Kohl's Department Store, N95 W18000 Appleton Ave., led police on a high-speed chase after they attempted to pull his vehicle over as he was exiting the parking lot at about 2:35 p.m. Dec. 23. The suspect fled from police at speeds reading more than 100 mph, and was last seen traveling eastbound on Appleton Avenue in the city of Milwaukee. Surveillance video of the theft was obtained from Kohl's and the pursuit was captured on a patrol dash cam.
· Two counterfeit $20 bills were passed at Otto's Beverage Center, N88 W15413 Main St., between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. Dec. 17. Police confiscated the bills and were waiting to view a copy of the surveillance video at the time of the report.
· A resident on Shady Lane called police after she saw a hand and a camera outside her bathroom window while she was using the bathroom at about 11:15 p.m. Dec. 19. The responding officer checked the area and located footprints (possibly a boot) leading into the resident's yard and next to the bathroom window. The prowling/peeping suspect then left through the back yard toward Erika Lane.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: April 7
- Police Report: April 3
- Police Report: March 17
- Police Report: March 10
- Police report: March 3
- Police report; Feb. 24
- Police report: Feb. 17
- Police report: Feb. 10
- Police report: Feb. 3
- Police report: Jan. 27
- Police report: Jan. 20
- Police report: Jan. 13
- Police Report: Jan. 6
- Police Report: Dec. 20
- Police report: Dec. 16
- Police Report: Dec. 9
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- Police Report: Nov. 25