Candidates are slowly starting to turn in their paperwork to run for seats on village and school boards in Germantown and Menomonee Falls. There are 11 seats up for grabs in the two communities.
Candidates must submit their registration statement, declaration of candidacy, and nomination papers with signatures by 5 p.m. Jan. 7 at Village Hall or school district administration offices.
There are four seats open on the Germantown Village Board that are currently held by David Baum, Jeff Werdeman, Melvin Ewert and Jeff Hughes.
Robert Warren and Dennis Myers have filed for the District 3 seat that is currently held by Ewert, who filed noncandidacy. Baum, Hughes and Werdeman have all taken out papers.
Germantown trustees are paid $5,500 and are elected to three-year terms.
Three seats are open on the Falls Village Board. Sharon Ellis and Dennis Farrell's seats are up for election. A third seat that belonged to Jim Jeskewitz, who died in November, is being left vacant until the April election.
Joseph Helm is running for Farrell's seat. Tim Newman is running for seat No. 2, which was previously held by Jeskewitz. Katie Kress filed papers for Ellis' seat.
Trustees are paid $5,500 and serve three-year terms.
Incumbents Bob Soderberg and Lester Spies are the only two people to enter paperwork for the two at-large seats up for election on the Germantown School Board.
Candidacy papers are available in the office of the school district clerk at administrative offices, W13840 Donges Bay Road.
Board members serve three-year terms and are paid $4,000 annually.
There are two seats open on the Menomonee Falls School Board, held now by Ron Bertieri and Gina Palazzari. Palazzari filed noncandidacy papers. Bertieri, Mark Nadolski and Lowell Kellogg have put their names in the running. The top two vote-getters would be elected.
Falls School Board members serve three-year terms and are paid $5,000 annually.
- Old Falls Village Days set for June 4-5
- Street festival to mark Memorial Day in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- The 'wurst' idea for the best summer
- Load your basket with these picnic tips
- Something for all us to scream about: Ice cream tips for a hot, hot summer
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Menomonee Falls North Middle School seventh-grader to compete at National Spelling Bee
- Overnight closure of Highway 45 at I-41/US 45 split
- "TJ Walkers" bid farewell to Thomas Jefferson as their winter walking destination (2)