Candidates are slowly starting to turn in their paperwork to run for seats on village and school boards in Germantown and Menomonee Falls. There are 11 seats up for grabs in the two communities.
Candidates must submit their registration statement, declaration of candidacy, and nomination papers with signatures by 5 p.m. Jan. 7 at Village Hall or school district administration offices.
There are four seats open on the Germantown Village Board that are currently held by David Baum, Jeff Werdeman, Melvin Ewert and Jeff Hughes.
Robert Warren and Dennis Myers have filed for the District 3 seat that is currently held by Ewert, who filed noncandidacy. Baum, Hughes and Werdeman have all taken out papers.
Germantown trustees are paid $5,500 and are elected to three-year terms.
Three seats are open on the Falls Village Board. Sharon Ellis and Dennis Farrell's seats are up for election. A third seat that belonged to Jim Jeskewitz, who died in November, is being left vacant until the April election.
Joseph Helm is running for Farrell's seat. Tim Newman is running for seat No. 2, which was previously held by Jeskewitz. Katie Kress filed papers for Ellis' seat.
Trustees are paid $5,500 and serve three-year terms.
Incumbents Bob Soderberg and Lester Spies are the only two people to enter paperwork for the two at-large seats up for election on the Germantown School Board.
Candidacy papers are available in the office of the school district clerk at administrative offices, W13840 Donges Bay Road.
Board members serve three-year terms and are paid $4,000 annually.
There are two seats open on the Menomonee Falls School Board, held now by Ron Bertieri and Gina Palazzari. Palazzari filed noncandidacy papers. Bertieri, Mark Nadolski and Lowell Kellogg have put their names in the running. The top two vote-getters would be elected.
Falls School Board members serve three-year terms and are paid $5,000 annually.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MMSD expansion prepares area near CMH in Menomonee Falls for future residential development
- Sussex man receives national award for cleaning house, building relationships
- Menomonee Falls opts not to offer new Chapter 220 seats, fewer open enrollment seats in 2015-16
- Menomonee Falls district doesn't change stance on use of Common Core
- Man pleads not guilty to sexually assaulting a Menomonee Falls teenager
- Menomonee Falls Ponzi schemer strikes plea deal
- Ask Now: Too much goose use of Fox Brook Park?
- Kindergarten enrollment night set for Feb. 4
- Two suspects charged with passing fake $100 bills at Menomonee Falls Target
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Jan. 29, 2015