Curtis Flannick from Menomonee Falls will compete in the NFL PUNT, PASS & KICK National Finals on Saturday in Denver during the weekend of the AFC Divisional Playoff Game. Flannick was one of 40 young athletes chosen from across the country to participate in the competition.
An on-field award presentation will air after the third quarter of the game, which will be televised Sunday on CBS. Flannick will represent the Packers.
Finalists will compete separately in five age divisions at Valor Christian High School in Highlands Ranch, Colo., with the top scorer in each group crowned national champion. All participants launch two punts, two passes and two kicks with scores based on distance and accuracy. The best score from each activity is tabulated to determine the athlete's total.
The athletes advanced to the national finals through local, sectional and team championship competitions held throughout the NFL regular season. The top four scorers in each age group from across the country qualified as national finalists.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 4
- Menomonee Falls Village Board agrees to pay into trust funds as part of Radisson settlement
- Menomonee Falls ranked as one of the safest communities in U.S.
- Menomonee Falls police seek baby formula thieves
- Woman arrested after shoplifting, attacking store employee
- Things to do
- Police report: March 3
- Menomonee Falls Plan Commission delays decision on Chemworks plant
- Germantown police find stolen truck through tip on Facebook
- Menomonee Falls School Board prioritizing facilities needs