Curtis Flannick from Menomonee Falls will compete in the NFL PUNT, PASS & KICK National Finals on Saturday in Denver during the weekend of the AFC Divisional Playoff Game. Flannick was one of 40 young athletes chosen from across the country to participate in the competition.
An on-field award presentation will air after the third quarter of the game, which will be televised Sunday on CBS. Flannick will represent the Packers.
Finalists will compete separately in five age divisions at Valor Christian High School in Highlands Ranch, Colo., with the top scorer in each group crowned national champion. All participants launch two punts, two passes and two kicks with scores based on distance and accuracy. The best score from each activity is tabulated to determine the athlete's total.
The athletes advanced to the national finals through local, sectional and team championship competitions held throughout the NFL regular season. The top four scorers in each age group from across the country qualified as national finalists.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plans proceed for former Falls Starbucks in Rivercrest Center
- Water Council gathers at Bradley Corporation in Menomonee Falls
- Landscape company in Menomonee Falls to increase staff by 40 percent
- Menomonee Falls Saddle Club celebrates 50th anniversary
- Falls Plan Commission to review new commercial development plans near Woodman's
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 5, 2015
- Menomonee Falls remodeling company receives high honors at state awards
- Two people taken to the hospital following March 1 crash in Menomonee Falls
- Construction to begin on expanded emergency department at CMH in Menomonee Falls