· An unknown male shoplifted a cart filled with meat and seafood at Pick 'n Save, N77 W14435 Appleton Ave., at about 3:10 p.m. Jan. 4. The suspect, described as a male wearing a brown hooded shirt, fled the lot in a black Chevy Blazer with a second unknown subject. Police believe the same subject shoplifted $441 worth of meat, seafood and other merchandise at the same business at about 1 p.m. Dec. 29, and were following up with the store to view video surveillance of the incidents at the time of the report.
· Two females were arrested for shoplifting an undisclosed amount of merchandise at Walmart Neighborhood Market, N88 W15559 Main St., and then fled the lot in a red, older model conversion van at about 8:30 p.m. Dec. 30. The subjects were arrested when they returned to the store about 90 minutes later and were positively identified as the suspects in the previous incident.
· An unknown subject stole a smartphone from an employee counter at Papa John's, N80 W14910 Appleton Ave., between 7:20 and 7:30 p.m. Jan. 4.
· A man and his daughter were arrested for stealing a woman's purse out of her shopping cart while she was shopping at Woodman's, W124 N8145 Highway 145, at about 4 p.m. Jan. 6. The female suspect was also arrested for a probation and parole violation and was transported to the Waukesha County Jail. The purse and its contents were recovered and returned to the victim.
· A laptop computer was stolen out of a locked vehicle parked in the N96 W16865 Cumberland Court sometime between 3 and 4 p.m. Jan. 6. A window was smashed to gain entry.
· A laptop computer was stolen from a van in the parking lot of the Family Pet Clinic, N73 W13583 Appleton Ave., between 3:15 and 3:30 p.m. Jan. 8.
· Officers responding to a report of a retail theft in progress at JC Penney, N96 W18515 County Line Road, arrested female subject for resisting/obstructing police after she attempted to flee police on foot after abandoning the merchandise in the store, and then physically resisted police at about 3:30 p.m. Jan. 8. The suspect was also cited for possession of marijuana.
· A 19-year-old Fond du Lac man was arrested for drugged driving and for possession of marijuana after his car slid into a snow bank on the right shoulder of the road in the 12400 block of U.S. Highway 41 at about 7:05 a.m. Dec. 22.
· A 21-year-old Menomonee Falls man was arrested for drunken driving after he was pulled over for having no front license plate and illegal stickers on his rear windshield on Northpointe Drive and Appleton Avenue at about 2 a.m. Jan. 4. The suspect refused to give a breath sample and was taken into custody.
· A 60-year-old woman was arrested for drunken driving after she rear-ended another vehicle while attempting to stop for a red light at Main Street and Menomonee Avenue at about 7:50 a.m. Jan. 2. Her preliminary blood alcohol content was 0.113, and she was taken to the hospital for a legal blood draw, the results of which were unavailable.
· A 52-year-old Port Washington man was arrested for drunken driving, second offense, after he returned, intoxicated, to an apartment building that he had recently been evicted from and found multiple open 16-ounce bottles of malt liquor around the driver's seat of his vehicle at about 1:30 p.m. Jan. 6. The suspect was also arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and carrying a concealed weapon after police found a marijuana pipe and a switchblade in his possession, as well as a double-barreled shotgun hidden under clothing and several loose shotgun shells in the back seat of his vehicle.
· Menomonee Falls police assisted with one rescue call between Dec. 28 and Jan. 8.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: April 7
- Police Report: April 3
- Police Report: March 17
- Police Report: March 10
- Police report: March 3
- Police report; Feb. 24
- Police report: Feb. 17
- Police report: Feb. 10
- Police report: Feb. 3
- Police report: Jan. 27
- Police report: Jan. 20
- Police Report: Jan. 6
- Police report: Dec. 27
- Police Report: Dec. 20
- Police report: Dec. 16
- Police Report: Dec. 9
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- Police Report: Nov. 25
- Police Report: Nov. 18