· The owner of Paul's Mobil Mart, N56 W13920 Silver Spring Road, reported an unknown man shoplifted four bottles of liquor on Dec. 31, and then returned to the business and shoplifted another three bottles of alcohol at about 9:35 a.m. Jan. 9. The suspect, described as a 6-foot, 2-inch tall male in his early 30s weighing between 230 and 260 pounds, fled in a green Pontiac on both occasions. Police have photos of the subject and were attempting to identify him at the time of the report.
· A catalytic converter was stolen off a box van parked at Central City Distribution, W137 N5472 Williams Place, sometime between 5 p.m. Jan. 9 and 8:30 a.m. Jan. 10.
· The driver of an older style white Ford Crown Victoria filled a red gas can with $89 of gas and left without paying at Good To Go Citgo, N88 W15167 Main St., at about 3:40 p.m. Jan. 12. The suspect was described as a 25- to 30-year-old male.
· A 2008 Mazda 6 was stolen from an unsecured parking lot at an apartment building in the N90 W17000 block of Appleton Avenue between 10:30 p.m. Jan. 12 and 8 a.m. Jan. 13.
· Police responded to Joe Debelak Plumbing & Heating, W143 N9358 Henry Stark Road, after employees reported they confronted a man in the rear of the business who was attempting to load scrap metal into a vehicle at about 2:40 p.m. Jan. 14. When the suspect was informed that police had been called, he placed the scrap metal on the ground and fled. Police identified the suspect as a 47-year-old Milwaukee man and were attempting to locate him at the time of the report.
· Two unknown females shoplifted about $143 of groceries at the Walmart Neighborhood Market, N88 W15559 Main St., at about 3 p.m. Jan. 15. The suspects rang up some of the merchandise at a self checkout, bagged the merchandise and slid a food stamp card in the credit card slot. The suspects left the store after one of the women distracted a manager, and they fled the lot in a gold minivan.
· A 35-year-old man was arrested for possible drunken driving after he was pulled over for a traffic violation in the N89 W15200 block of Cleveland Avenue at 10:30 a.m. Jan. 11. He failed field sobriety testing and his preliminary blood alcohol content was 0.05.
· A 65-year-old man was arrested for drunken driving, second offense, after a witness reported he was driving erratically in the 18000 block of Appleton Avenue at about 11:35 p.m. Jan. 13. Police located the man passed out in the driver's seat of his vehicle in his driveway and took him into custody. The suspect failed field sobriety tests, and Intoximeter testing indicated his preliminary blood alcohol content was 0.137.
· A 45-year-old man was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon after police observed the handle of a camouflage knife between the driver's seat and center console of his vehicle when he was pulled over for speeding on County Line Road and Highway 145 at 8:10 a.m. Jan. 10. When questioned, the driver told police he uses the knife to "cut stuff," and after he was removed from the vehicle police located another knife in the same location. He was taken into custody, booked, cited and released.
· Menomonee Falls police assisted with one rescue call between Jan. 9 and Jan. 15.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 18, 2014
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 11, 2014
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 4, 2014
- Menomonee Falls Police report: August 28, 2014
- Menomonee Falls Police report: August 21, 2014
- Menomonee Falls Police report: August 14, 2014
- Menomonee Falls Police report: August 7, 2014
- Menomonee Falls Police Report: July 31, 2014
- Menomonee Falls Police Report: July 10, 2014
- Menomonee Falls Police Report: July 3, 2014
- Menomonee Falls Police Report, June 26, 2014
- Menomonee Falls Police Report: June 19, 2014
- Menomonee Falls Police Report: June 12
- Menomonee Falls Police Report: May 29
- Menomonee Falls Police Report: May 22
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports 5/15/2014
- Police Report: April 7