· Two unknown men shoplifted 18 cans of baby formula at Walmart Neighborhood Market, N88 W15559 Main St., between 7:45 and 7:55 p.m. Jan. 16. The suspects, described as a 35- to 40-year-old male and a 45- to 50-year-old male, concealed baby formula inside their clothing before leaving the store.
· Police are seeking a 43-year-old Milwaukee man who stole a three-kilowatt portable generator from Blair's True Value, N48 W13530 Hampton Road, between Oct. 24, 2013, and Jan. 17. The suspect was to return the generator on Nov. 23, and has not returned multiple phone calls from store staff.
· Three people, a 31-year-old man, a 35-year-old man and a 24-year-old woman were arrested for shoplifting after the 31-year-old man pushed a cart filled with $500 of merchandise into the parking lot at Target, N95 W17707 Shady Lane, and the other two suspects helped him load it into a vehicle at about 7:30 p.m. Jan. 17. During the investigation, police found the female suspect had placed a stolen license plate over the vehicle's plate to conceal it, and she was arrested for possession of stolen property. Additionally, the 31-year-old suspect and another passenger, a 28-year-old man, were both charged with obstructing after they gave false names to police, and the 35-year-old suspect was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and bail jumping.
· Police are seeking a man who was seen siphoning about five gallons of diesel fuel out of a truck belonging to Dairyland Disposal, W185 N7493 Narrow Lane, at about 10:30 p.m. Jan. 17. The suspect, an employee at Enders Asphalt, fled when he was confronted by the witness. Police were attempting to contact the owner of Ender's Asphalt to positively identify the suspect at the time of the report.
· A 22-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for two counts of theft at Good To Go Quick Mart, N88 W15167 Main St., on Jan. 19. The suspect left without paying for $34 of gas on Jan. 6, and returned on Jan. 15 and left without paying for $38 of gas. When the suspect returned to the station on Jan. 19 and began unscrewing the gas cap from his vehicle, the business owner recognized him and called police, who later took him into custody.
· A resident called police after seeing an unknown man push a cart filled with unbagged merchandise into the parking lot at JC Penney, N96 W18515 County Line Road, throw his coat over the merchandise, and then load it into a black Chevrolet SUV at about 1:30 p.m. Jan. 22. The suspect, described as a male in his late 30s and wearing a long coat and black cap, fled the lot and was last seen heading toward County Line Road. His vehicle was later located in Milwaukee and police attempted to pull him over, but the suspect fled and was not located.
· A 22-year-old man was arrested for two counts of theft and was taken into custody for a probation/parole violation after an employee at Target, N95 W17707 Shady Lane, positively identified him at 7:15 p.m. Jan. 22 as the suspect who shoplifted $380 of merchandise on Jan. 16 and $250 of merchandise on Jan. 18.
· A 23-year-old man was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at an apartment building in the W164 N8800 block of Mill Street after officers responded to a report of family trouble at 2:10 a.m. Jan. 21.
· A 36-year-old woman was arrested for drunken driving, second offense, after an accident on Lisbon Road and Taylors Lane at about 10:20 p.m. Jan. 17. She was unable to perform field sobriety tests due to injuries she sustained in the accident, and was transported to Community Memorial Hospital where a legal blood draw was taken.
· A 49-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, second offense, after he crashed his vehicle in the 12400 block of Leon Road at about 2:30 a.m. Jan. 18. Police located the suspect in Woodman's, where he admitted to drinking alcohol and crashing his vehicle. After discovering the suspect was out on bail he was taken into custody for felony bail jumping.
· A 31-year-old woman was arrested for drunken driving after she was observed driving inattentively on Highway 41 South near Main Street at about 11:45 p.m. Jan. 18. When stopped by police, she admitted to looking at her phone while driving and also admitted to consuming alcohol. Her preliminary blood alcohol content was 0.12.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving after his car got stuck in a snow bank in the N92 W15000 block of Anthony Avenue at about 10 p.m. Jan. 22. The suspect refused chemical breath testing and was taken into custody.
· A 73-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, fourth offense, after he was pulled over by police for going 40 mph in a 25 mph zone on Appleton Avenue and Garfield Drive at 8:25 p.m. Jan. 23. The defendant admitted drinking vodka while driving, and police cited him for driving with open intoxicants after finding a 750-ml open bottle of vodka inside his vehicle. Police also discovered the suspect's driver's license had also been revoked due to past OWI-related arrests and he was transported to Waukesha County Jail. His preliminary blood alcohol content was 0.12.
· A male customer attempted to pass two counterfeit $20 bills to pay for gas at Woodman's Gas Station, W124 N8233 Highway 145, at 6:35 p.m. Jan. 20. The manager on duty discovered the counterfeit currency and shut off the pump prior to the suspect being able to obtain any fuel, and when confronted about the false currency, he paid for his purchase with valid cash. Loss prevention employees reported the counterfeit bills to the U.S. Secret Service and contacted police to report the counterfeit money after the suspect, a 31-year-old West Allis man, left the scene.
· Menomonee Falls police responded to one domestic violence call between Jan. 17 and Jan. 27.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Jan. 21, 2016
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Jan. 14, 2016
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Jan. 7, 2016
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Dec. 31, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Dec. 24, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Dec. 17, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Dec. 10, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Dec. 3, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Nov. 26, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Nov. 19, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Nov. 12, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Nov. 5, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports Oct. 29, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Oct. 22, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Oct. 15, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Oct. 8, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Report: Oct. 1, 2015