Menomonee Falls — "The proliferation of drugs, especially heroin and its use, is reaching epidemic proportions, even in Waukesha County."
This is a quote heard more than once recently, made by law enforcement officials in the county. To raise the awareness levels of residents and especially parents to this growing problem, a community gathering will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. Feb. 26 at Holy Cross Lutheran Church, N8131 Pilgrim Road, just south of the crossroads of Appleton Avenue and Pilgrim Road. All are invited to attend, especially parents, grandparents and educators.
Holy Cross agreed to promote and host the gathering. The idea to call the community together came about as a result of an outreach to law enforcement by its pastoral staff wanting to identify issues in the community that the church, with its resources, could help addressing. Menomonee Falls Police Chief Anna Ruzinski alerted Pastor Musaus to the problem, and informed her of its seriousness.
The gathering features speakers including Waukesha County District Attorney Brad Schimel; Capt. Frank McElderry, Metro Drug Unit, Waukesha County; representatives of the Department of Justice from Madison, the Menomonee Falls Police Department and parents who have had to face the loss of a child to this insidious drug.
The urgency of the matter requires the attention of all of us as soon as possible. We encourage the public at large to attend.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What to expect on a Menomonee Falls ballot
- Menomonee Falls Police report: April 2, 2015
- Menomonee Falls parents charged with child neglect after son reports sharing food with dogs
- Falls Village Board President candidates say they each would bring different experience to the role
- Menomonee Falls district approves preliminary layoff notices, letter to legislators
- Temporary burn ban lifted for Waukesha County, Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 26, 2015
- Menomonee Falls family heads up local shoe drive for Dondo Amor
- Proposed bill would allow Germantown school district to start before Sept. 1
- Proposed bill would allow Menomonee Falls school district to start before Sept. 1