Menomonee Falls — There won't be much change to the School Board as the result of the April 1 election, as incumbent Ronald Bertieri earned a third term in his seat.
Mark Nadolski defeated Lowell Kellogg for the other vacant seat, formerly held by Gina Palazzari. Palazzari is retiring after six years on the board. Both Kellogg and Nadolski were first-time candidates.
The vote totals, according to unofficial results Tuesday:
Mark Nadolski 1759
Ronald Bertieri 1677
Lowell Kellogg 1036
Facilities usage in the past, present and future are the focus for Bertieri moving forward, but not without the support of a referendum.
"Under our current budget we wouldn't be able to keep up with the growing needs of our district," he said. "As we continue to depend more and more on technology, there are needs associated with educating our children ... to keep everyone up to what's going on; these are the things we need to do."
Bertieri, 77, is a retired business owner who earned a bachelor's degree in business administration from Duquesne University.
New to the board will be Nadolski, who hopes to impart understanding in his new role.
"I think we need to be a bit more open in terms of the financial decisions we're making," he said. "I would like to have us doing a little better job explaining some of those tough decisions as we have to make them."
Nadolski, 40, is assistant director of finance, operations and technology at Northwestern Mutual. He has a bachelor's degree in accounting and finance from the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, and a master's in information systems from Keller Graduate School of Management.
Kellogg, who was one of about a dozen teachers laid off in 2013 had hoped to be a voice for the teachers.
"I would rather do a few things well than a lot of things haphazardly," he said, in reference to a number of district initiatives he says has had a negative impact on staff morale.
Election results remain unofficial until they are certified by the board of canvassers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- More changes in store for Pilgrim Road near Highway 41/45
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Sept. 3, 2015
- North Hills Plaza: Five months later
- School District of Menomonee Falls happy with ACT results
- Falls on the Riverwalk seeks to replace former Associated Bank building with apartments (10)
- Menomonee Falls School District names new communications director
- Chicago women charged with a combined nine counts of credit card fraud after CVS purchases
- News & Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Former professional fighter takes Menomonee Falls-based business to next level