What appears to have been an inside-job bank robbery last week has been handed over to the FBI for further investigation. Two men and a woman have been charged for their involvement in an armed robbery at BMO Harris Bank, W15415 Appleton Ave. in Menomonee Falls.
Twenty-one-year-old Milwaukee residents Zachary Ellis, Christopher Jacko and Lindsey Fischer were charged in federal court April 18 with one count of armed bank robbery and one count of brandishing a firearm in furtherance of a crime of violence, according to U.S. Attorney James Santelle.
The robbery occurred slightly before 7 p.m. April 17, when police responded to the scene. Initial investigation revealed that Ellis and Jacko entered the bank with concealed faces, displayed a semi-authomatic handgun and demanded money, said Menomonee Falls Lt. Kevin Von Bank. According to the criminal complaint, they were let into the building after allegedly running up to Fischer and another employee as they were leaving the bank, demanding to be let into the vault.
According to the complaint, Fischer allegedly deactivated the alarm and the two men emptied the money from the vault into a duffel bag before they fled the scene down Appleton Avenue with an undetermined amount of cash. A police chase ensued until the driver evaded police in the southwest area of the village.
The vehicle was found abandoned in the 16200 block of Kohler Lane. With help from the Brookfield and Butler police departments, as well as the county sheriff's department and state patrol, both suspects were located separately within hours and the duffel bag was recovered.
Fischer was later identified as an accomplice of the two suspects and also was taken into custody.
"It is imperative in these kinds of situations that the suspects are caught," Von Bank said. "It is still a dangerous situation, but no one was seriously hurt in any way and people can rest easy because they are caught."
Investigation is ongoing and no further information is being released at this time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction to start on Highway 175 in Washington County
- Menomonee Falls Dance Team to compete in kick, jazz at state competition Feb. 6
- Menomonee Falls Comprehensive Plan complete, set for possible approval this spring
- Park plans include upgrades to Village Park, new park on southwest side in Menomonee Falls
- School District of Menomonee Falls to continue examining results of one-time Badger exam
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Menomonee Falls board to review plans for improvements to Village Park, new park on southwest side
- Students host "Red Out" game at Menomonee Falls High School (1)
- Ally's Bistro begins construction on expansion; slated to finish in June (1)
- School District of Menomonee Falls approves Sept. 1 start date