Menomonee Falls — Small town charm with big city amenities is how "Around the Corner with John McGivern" producer Lois Maurer described Menomonee Falls.
That is one of a few reasons they have chosen to feature the village on the show, which highlights the people and places of local communities on Milwaukee Public Television. That, and she lives in the village, so she said it's about time to feature her hometown.
"The neatest thing for me as a producer (of the show) has been the opportunity to learn so much about the village in which I live," Maurer said. "That's really the point of the show, after all. To help people discover unique things they didn't know about the people and places that make up our lives."
In April, McGivern visited Ernie Von Schledorn, Ally's Bistro and Marcy School. The crew will be back in June to visit more, undisclosed, locations throughout the village.
"It's all very exciting," said Jane Monsen-Hickey, associate director of the Menomonee Falls Community Chamber. "Those of us who live in the village already know how unique we are, now so many others will too."
The show, currently in its third season, will air on Milwaukee Public Television in mid-January.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 18, 2014
- Police searching for 2 men for armed robbery at Craigslist sale
- Menomonee Falls Village Board approves sale of Radisson Hotel
- Menomonee Falls High School student named National Merit Scholarship semifinalist
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 11, 2014
- Kohl's seeks to unload Woodland Prime building
- Trapped: An inside look at the effect of ALS on people, families and the community
- School district taxes remain flat for Menomonee Falls residents
- Menomonee Falls man dies in house fire
- Menomonee Falls Target store evacuated